elliptical and a burn in my foot

Options
I tried out the elliptical yesterday because all the treadmills were full.

LOVED it!

But, I have a burn in the ball of my foot. Am I doing something wrong? Should I try to stay more flat footed? Move further forward or back in the foot holder?

Are there any tips? I am not sure what my rythym is suppose to be, but I hardly noticed a half hour had gone by.

Replies

• singlefemalelawyer
    singlefemalelawyer Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    This happens to me too on the elliptical, kinda like my feet are falling asleep. I try to shift my weight in my heels to get some pressure off the toes and sometimes it helps. Also changing the incline can help keep the pressure on the heels, and making sure your sneakers aren't too tight. Haven't found a cure yet though. Hope this helps!
  • RitaMarie88
    RitaMarie88 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have no advice, but I'm glad you posted! I thought I was the only one. I figured I was doing something wrong too. I have a burn or some sort of pain that feels like I should stretch more?! I don't know. I hope someone is able to answer. I end up adjusting my feet the whole time and it's uncomfortable some times. Good luck!
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I get this from an elliptical too, but no problems when running. I always thought it was the pressure thing - while it's kinder on your knees because your body weight isn't being jolted through them you still have an awful lot of pressure being pushed through the one part of your body that isn't moving. These days I just run...
  • Misty2024
    Misty2024 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have not experienced the pain in my foot..but I always readjust my feet more back on the foot peddles like every 5-10 min when I check my heart rate.....FYI I use the elliptical only when it's crappy outside and I am not able to use a treadmill...I was told by my trainer/ sports Medicine doctor that unless you have knee problems or health issues that running outside is the best workout
    Then the treadmill...then last resort the elliptical ...I guess because of the resistant sis not there like outside or treadmill......so keep alternating don't just do the elliptical full time :) .....but it is a good workout :)
  • donnat238
    donnat238 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I love the elliptical too! I don't have this problem but a friend of mine does. She tends to stay in one position with same incline and resistance, but I'm all over the place (I change incline (mountain climbing workout) and pedaling backward) so that might help!