Any other UK mum out there?

Options
Hi,

I'm Beth and I'm just at the start of my weight loss journey. I'm looking to finally win the battle against my weight and would love some support and encouragement from other mums!

Replies

• wyllden
    wyllden Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi Beth,

I'm in the UK too. I'm Denise, similar to you, just started my weight loss journey in January and i'm determined to succeed this time. I think MFP is gonna be key to my success, and of course support from other people. I have found the before and after pics posted by others extremely motivational so perhaps this can also help you.

Add me as a friend and we can try to support and encourage eachother :smile:
  • VictoriousLah
    Options
    He luv.
    Am also a UK mum, who is determined more than ever to lose weight. Am happy that am already almost 12lbs down since 01/01/14. Please add me, am one for supporting others as well as being supported. WE CAN DO THIS DEAR
  • Emmaloubalajake
    Emmaloubalajake Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi, ladies. I'm a uk mum of 3 and I started my weight loss journey on the 5th of January. I'm doing ok so far and just trying to change my whole attitude to food. I eat whatever I want now but I weigh everything, count calories and log everything. I eat fruit now instead of crisps and chocolate and I feel so in control right now and so relaxed. This is a lifestyle choice now and not a diet for me. I want to feel healthy and sexy and confident
  • NatalieG525
    NatalieG525 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies :)

I'm a mum to a beautiful 17 month old, and from Hampshire, UK. It can be tough juggling motherhood, perhaps work for some, and trying to change your lifestyle, but we can all do it! Feel free to add me :)
  • VictoriousLah
    Options
    Hi, ladies. I'm a uk mum of 3 and I started my weight loss journey on the 5th of January. I'm doing ok so far and just trying to change my whole attitude to food. I eat whatever I want now but I weigh everything, count calories and log everything. I eat fruit now instead of crisps and chocolate and I feel so in control right now and so relaxed. This is a lifestyle choice now and not a diet for me. I want to feel healthy and sexy and confident
    Great minds think alike lol. You have just summed me up with what you are doing to lose weight. I hate to ever consider myself to be on a diet. I told myself and everyone around me that I am making permanent healthy choices. I eat all I want to eat but making sure I don't go over my calories allowance for the day. can we permanently lose the weight ? YES WE CAN
  • Emmaloubalajake
    Options
    Great minds think alike lol. You have just summed me up with what you are doing to lose weight. I hate to ever consider myself to be on a diet. I told myself and everyone around me that I am making permanent healthy choices. I eat all I want to eat but making sure I don't go over my calories allowance for the day. can we permanently lose the weight ? YES WE CAN

Yes we can !!
    I've tried over the years, restricted myself and just slipped back into old habits. I just can't do it anymore and I need this FOR ME ! I want to be That HOT GIRL that I know is hidden inside me. I've had three kids over 19 years but now I want to be Me aswell as Mum and were only here once right ? I know this time is different and my whole attitude to life and how I want to live my life has changed. My focus now is so strong and my goal is to lose 1lb a week and if it's less then I'm not going to sweat it or fall down if it doesn't happen. Slow and steady wins the race and I'm determined this is the start of a sexy new me with my goal being healthy in Body and mind for the rest of my life
  • VictoriousLah
    Options
    Am totally in agreement with you

Yes we can !!
    I've tried over the years, restricted myself and just slipped back into old habits. I just can't do it anymore and I need this FOR ME ! I want to be That HOT GIRL that I know is hidden inside me. I've had three kids over 19 years but now I want to be Me aswell as Mum and were only here once right ? I know this time is different and my whole attitude to life and how I want to live my life has changed. My focus now is so strong and my goal is to lose 1lb a week and if it's less then I'm not going to sweat it or fall down if it doesn't happen. Slow and steady wins the race and I'm determined this is the start of a sexy new me with my goal being healthy in Body and mind for the rest of my life
    Yea totally agree with you. Slowly but surely that extra weight will melt off
  • bijoux79
    Options
    Hi I am a uk mum to 4 beautiful girls ranging from 8 to 2. Have been back on mfp since 6 th January but would like some friends for support and encouragement. Please add x
  • Emmaloubalajake
    Options
    Yep, If I lose a pound or half a pound I think of it as half a lb lighter than last week and half a pound I'm never ever putting back on ! One day at a time but we will get there and stay there
  • pinkvici
    pinkvici Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm a UK mum too - add me!

Mum of one, beautiful 16 month old little girl. I work really long hours FT too so it's not easy but I've lost 9lbs since 1.1.14, and aiming for another 5 before 14.2.14! I'm at 9st 13lbs now so within a healthy weight for my height/build, but if like to get to around 9st, and I really need to tone up (especially my jelly belly!!!).
  • louisegibbs85
    louisegibbs85 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm from UK, mother to two girls and log daily, feel free to add :)
  • reeny34
    Options
    Hi, I'm a UK mum to 2 children aged 15 (girl) and 8 (boy). I started my weight loss journey on 6th January this year, have lost 6kg/13.2lbs so far and I am looking to lose a total of 55lbs. I log in every day and my diary is open.

Feel free to add me :-)
  • slummymummy2014
    slummymummy2014 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am a uk mum of 2 girls. New to MFP and wanting to lose about 4 stone. Please add me! X
  • jude2503
    jude2503 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Im from the UK too. Started my journey on 01.01.14 and have managed to lose 17lbs so far. Good luck on your journey,
  • morcal36
    morcal36 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I am a Uk mum, I am from Glasgow, Scotland.

Having friends on here to support you (and sometimes kick *kitten*) is the key, every little helps as they say xx

Anyone is free to add me, I intend to be logging in every day xx :)
  • rslcarson
    rslcarson Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    I'm a UK mum of 2 - 4yo girl and 10 1/2month old boy. I work full time and juggle the busy schedule as well as trying to get back in shape. Finding baby belly hard to shift this time.

Feel free to add me as I'd like more British MFP friends, I like the support and motivation from seeing others exercise and food logs.
  • mariee03
    mariee03 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow! Happy to see there's so many of you! :)

Seeing as you've all introduced yourself, I think I should - I'm a mum to a 4 month old little boy. My pregnancy was pretty rough (I had hypermesis gravidum) and although I didn't have the sicknessall the way through, I had really low energy levels. Combined with eating unhealthily, I started to pile on weight.

I'm trying not just to lose weight but to change my attitude towards food, hence changing my lifestyle. It's going to be a gradual journey for me, that thankfully my husband is taking with me.

I look forward to seeing you all succeed in your journeys!