Low carb yet filling meals?

Options
Im finding it very hard to eat low carb seeing as it was what I used to eat a lot before(pasta,bread e.t.c)
Recipes and ideas please?
Thanks in advance guys:)

Replies

• phillrn
    phillrn Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    not sure if these products are available where you are.... but Joseph's makes a pita with only 5-6 net carbs...they are yummy and help if u need bread/sandwich...also there are some shiratake/tofu noodles that are low carb and low calorie and can sub for pasta. A friend of mine that does low carbing also likes to use spaghetti squash for noodles and mashed cauliflower with butter and half and half as an alternative to potatoes:)
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I don't have any recipes, but my idea would be don't worry about low carb - unless you have been recently diagnosed with something (like T2 diabetes) that would require you to lower your carbs. As long as you stay within your calorie goal you will lose weight. You can easily have 30% - 40% of your calories from carbs. If you like them incorporate them into your goals.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Im finding it very hard to eat low carb seeing as it was what I used to eat a lot before(pasta,bread e.t.c)

Why are you eating low carb?
  • raeesa07
    Options
    a
  • raeesa07
    Options

Why are you eating low carb?
    because recently ive been eating a lot of high carb food, & I want to change that. I want my meals to be balanced but not cut carbs out completely
  • raeesa07
    Options
    not sure if these products are available where you are.... but Joseph's makes a pita with only 5-6 net carbs...they are yummy and help if u need bread/sandwich...also there are some shiratake/tofu noodles that are low carb and low calorie and can sub for pasta. A friend of mine that does low carbing also likes to use spaghetti squash for noodles and mashed cauliflower with butter and half and half as an alternative to potatoes:)

I think ill try out some of the suggestions.. Thanks:))
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    serve everything on a massive plate of lettuce/greens!
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    sweet potato and steak
  • raeesa07
    Options
    Thanks
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I low carbed off and on for years. I'm not strictly low carb anymore, but I loved eating that way so much that it comprises a good deal of my base diet.

I found meals extremely filling and satiating because I ate a lot of good, healthy fat. If you're having trouble staying satiated on a low carb plan there are good chances that you're being too conservative with the fat.

Something as simple as baked chicken with broccoli becomes incredibly satiating, and for many hours, by cooking it in olive oil and/or butter.
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Yes this is hard to do when you were filling up on carbs. You will crave them also. Honestly all I know is to check out diabetic recipes. As they are truly low carbs.
  • erikmsp72
    erikmsp72 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Veggies, lots of them. They have few calories yet are usually nutrient-packed with fiber too.

And some fat. Food with fat will make you feel satisfied and full. Nuts. Fish. Lean meats. Dairy. Eggs.

And water. Drink lots of water. As coffee, as tea, as herbal tea, as plain old water. You will feel much more full than if you didn't drink the water. Of course that also means you will need to pee more often. That's sort of how it works, though. *shrug*
  • highcountry8
    highcountry8 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I need help with this low carb diet. I have been on it for about 3 weeks. I have had stomach aches and just feel bad. I have been eating fruit the last 2 days and feel better. Anyone out there do this? Is it normal? And will it go away? Do I need to restart Induction? Sorry for all the questions. :) Oh and I haven't lost any weight in a week. I am down 14 lbs but am floating up and down a pound in the last week. Any and all help is appreciated!
  • Bagelsan
    Options
    Highcountry, how is your fiber intake? I'm not asking for details or anything, but I'm wondering if the upset stomach is due to a certain lack of regularity in the nether regions. :p
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    have your carbs just smaller servings
  • highcountry8
    highcountry8 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sorry I am all new to this site. I finally found this thread. lol My fiber has been where it should be. I just recently started having a cup of blueberries about every 2 days and upped my carbs just a bit for the blueberries. I am feeling much better and the scale is moving downward. Crazy! Thank you all for your help. :)
  • crazystacey777
    Options
    I use the Joseph's wraps / pitas. Very good! I also eat Sara Lee Low Cal bread. The pasta is a killer for me as well. Haven't tried shirataki or spaghetti squash yet. I'm good at avoiding potatoes - I was never really big into them to begin with. My other problem is I need to eat more protein. I'm not good at this for some reason.