Stretchmarks !

Options
heyyyy
wonder if anyone has any tips or klnows any products tht help get rid of stretchmarks
iv got some on my side from having my daughter would be great to get rid of them or even just reduce them x

Replies

• spazmother0727
    spazmother0727 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am curious myself... I would love to know what to do.
  • HeatherCanDoIt
    HeatherCanDoIt Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Bio Oil works well!!
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    I have stretch marks from just having horrible posture and there's one mark in particular that I hate. It's right across my chest and I'm working on my posture just to get rid of it! There's got to be an easier way.
  • Vivx
    Vivx Posts: 121
    Options
    i tried that 2 times a day for a year and nothing for me :(
    great that it works for you though x
  • Vivx
    Options
    I have stretch marks from just having horrible posture and there's one mark in particular that I hate. It's right across my chest and I'm working on my posture just to get rid of it! There's got to be an easier way.
    accupuncture is good for that ! do u get any pain from it
    i have a terrible posture and my back is a mess so i get accupuncture x
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    I haven't read the rest of this thread, so I don't know what's already been said. There are some natural things you can use instead of creams. Greek women used to used olive oil, and I have heard emu oil works very well. Also, I dont' know how long ago you had your child, but stretchmarks tend to fade after the first year UNLESS you are on a weightloss/fitness journey. Mine are staying kinda fresh, because the more I shrink, the more stretch marks I get. lol It's FINE with me, cuz I know they fade and I'll still look good with clothes on. haha
  • Vivx
    Options
    thanks ! :flowerforyou:
    im greek and i didnt even kknow tht lol :blushing: x
  • Vivx
    Options
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options

lol Well, the creams are more marketed, so you wouldn't hear about it. Just some maternal trivia I heard when I was pregnant. lol
  • Vivx
    Options
    lol well i shall be giving it a go !
    il do anything to get rid of these things lol xx
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    Think of them as a badge of maternal honor. :bigsmile: They can be embarrassing sometimes. I know my self esteem plummeted when I had my first child, and thought I wasn't beautiful because of them. Luckily, I made a good catch, cuz my husband loves me for who I am. Felt bad for a friend of mine. She was with a guy once and took her shirt off. He said what the hell are THOSE things? Ummmmm...... cat scratched me? LOL
  • heidi123456
    Options
    No creams helped for my stretcmarks. They only go lighter after time. I think it also depends how bad your stretchmarks are. I know some people that looked as if they were burned. But you can find out more about laser treatment. I havent done that, so dont know if it really works.
  • Vivx
    Options
    laser treatment never though of that !

my boyfriend hasnt even noticed lmaoo !
    he doesnt pay attention haha !
    there only on my sides but i hate them lol ! x
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    Mine are ALL over! Boobs, tummy, lower back, thighs. Ugh! YUCK!
  • themostbeautifullies
    Options
    Uhm... I've heard of grape oilseed (?). I guess that's how it's called in english, though on me it did nothing, on my sis the stretchmarks faded a little and she had a lot of them on her tights and boobs.
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    mine have faded a lot but i do use palmers cocoa butter on a regular basis - both the firming lotion and the stretchmark one, dont know if they help but they smell divine :D
  • SimonsGirl
    Options
    Ive heard a derma roller can help, i'm hoping to get one cos I also have a problem with this and it does stress me out
  • Sparklewolfie
    Options
    I have heard that dermarollers help too, because it stimulates regrowth of your cells. Laser treatments are of course the most effective :tongue: As you lose weight stretch marks might become more apparent because they're not stretched out any more (so they look more 3D), but I don't think you can actually make them disappear without surgery :smile:
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Vitamin E oil did wonders for mine. The secret is that you have to use it while they are forming, not just after, for the most benefit. Olive oil has vitamin E in it so I'm betting that is what works it in. ;)