Just downloaded Zombies 5k training!

Options
So I've downloaded the Zombies 5k training app for Android, as it's the 'for beginners' running app from the Zombies, Run! lot.

I've never ran before, I'm quite over weight and very self conscious so never really known where to start and never really wanted to go out in pubic BUT I've now moved house to a much quieter area and after having a look into this app it seems perfect for me.

I'm hoping my love of zombies, the story/ game element and the fact it seems to have guidance from walking to running will motivate me :smile:

Hopefully do my first parkrun after completing the 8 week training app!

Anyone else just starting out?

Replies

• DorothyR87
    Options
    I have the Zombies Run app and I LOVE it. It's great to have a story line to go along with your run. Best of luck!
  • serenity56
    serenity56 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I just started today!

I like it, but it didn't log distance, speed, pace, or calories, even though it has room for that information to be displayed. Does it log that stuff for you?
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I have the free c25k app but the Zombies always interested me .... I just love free things though :P
  • Ashly744
    Ashly744 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the Zombie workout from time to time. Love it.
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Not starting out but just stopping in to say I love that series. Never done the race ones but the full app is awesome.
  • cynforgiven
    Options
    missellesmoosh - the story is what's been keeping me moving - especially the days when I have the "don't wants". I think I'm on week 5 of the 5k app but had to put that on hold due to moving and job changes. I'm hoping once the weather warms up some that I can get back with it.

serenity56 - are you using a treadmill with the accelerometer or out on the open road with gps? when I do missions the only ones that all the blanks are filled are the ones when I use gps. you can manually go in on the website and edit your runs if you know what your pace was and how many steps you took/how far you went. I was doing that for a while when I was using my sister's treadmill. We've moved further away so no more free treadmill access so I don't do it any more.

there is also the zombies, run! 5k training group on the message boards here if you haven't found it yet :)

Welcome to Abel and hope you enjoy the app!
  • serenity56
    serenity56 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Cynforgiven, I run an indoor track, I don't think the gos works on it. When the weather is nicer it is good to know that's an option, though! :)