If you could make one food lower fat/calories...

Options
124»

Replies

• ElizabethFuller
    ElizabethFuller Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Cashews.
    and almonds - I admire people who can weigh out 30g and put the rest back in the cupboard, I just nibble til they're gone!
    A low calorie granola that doesn't taste like sawdust would be good too. It's one of the only things that I've had to give up because my portion control is so bad :embarassed:
  • beckyhoo
    beckyhoo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Donuts. Especially ones that involve chocolate frosting.
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    Pizza. Hands down that is the one food I could eat all the time.
  • lapinu390
    lapinu390 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Chinese Takeaway Chicken Fried Rice *drools*
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    most definately pasta. I love pasta but rarely eat it because of the calorie count.

Check out Fiber Gourmet pasta.
  • bcattoes
    Options
    My first thought was wine, but then I'd just drink too much and ruin my liver.

So, I think I'd go with baby back ribs. I absolutely love them, but they are so high fat and calorie they are relegated to the 'eat rarely' category for me.
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    My plan is to aim for "ideal" weight ...which, based on how boney and gaunt looking i'm already starting to get will probably be at least 5 to 10 pounds below where I'll look best...and if I can get there I am going to have a one day binge fest where I eat everything I've loved and avoided for like a year. That'll probably pop me back up to where I want to be in one day and then I'll be set ;) Here's my plan:

Breakfast: Ben and Jerry's New York Super fudge chunk
    Ruffles Sour Cream and Onion chips....and All Dressed
    Reeces Peanut Butter cups

breakfast of champions right there

Lunch: Mango Salsa Roll from a Sushi place in town
    Butter Chicken from an Indian restaurant in a neighbouring town.

Oh yes. there will be two lunches

Dinner: There are many things I miss.....eggs....Cheese Balls....BBQ everything.... So I will host a potluck and assign my friends foods I know they're good at making...like devilled eggs....mmm.... and I will call this potluck "Megan's Celebratory Weightloss Binge Buffet" and will have some of everything.

In reality I'll probably vomit long before I ever get to a full binge unless the pepto I intend to swig all day helps prevent that from happening...but I will love every minute of it.
  • csumcs
    csumcs Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Kind of boring, but probably bread. There are other things I enjoy more, but it would be so good to be able to eat something this easy and filling without worrying about going over.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    POUTINE ! For all you nonCanadians , this is French fries with gravy and cheese !! oh so good !

Oh yes poutine! From Harvey's, slathered with gravy and cheese curds. I miss Ontario! I haven't dared to figure out how many calories was in a large but I still dream of it.

Not sure on the Large size, but 1 Cup of the stuff nets you 840 cal with 43g fat. ( :brokenheart: representing a heart attack :laugh: )
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Cinnabons.
  • My3Sons1051
    My3Sons1051 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Chinese food, beer and anything from taco bueno!
  • tehmotionless
    Options
    cake, trifle, sausage rolls, large mcdonald's meals, iced cream, cheese cake, pasta, bread, nutella, jam...
    if only i could pick one! you're asking an ex-compulsive eater here..
  • bohemian124
    bohemian124 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Just an update - I got my PB2 (plain and chocolate) yesterday. I opened the plain immediately, mixed it with water, and had it on a piece of toast...NOM!!!!!!!! So yummy! A little sweet, but that's probably because I've been getting the more natural unsweetened versions lately. I didn't try the chocolate yet, but I have high hopes for it now.

I am so excited to have learned about this product on these message boards! Since I eat "real" PB 2-3 times a week (and would eat it more if I wasn't worried about the calories and fat), I know this will go a long way in helping me meet my weight loss goals.

Can someone please make a hazelnut version next?:tongue:
  • bcattoes
    Options
    Just an update - I got my PB2 (plain and chocolate) yesterday. I opened the plain immediately, mixed it with water, and had it on a piece of toast...NOM!!!!!!!! So yummy! A little sweet, but that's probably because I've been getting the more natural unsweetened versions lately.

So, PB2 removes the healthy peanut oil and adds sugar? And this is supposed to be a good thing?
  • bohemian124
    bohemian124 Posts: 153 Member
    Options

So, PB2 removes the healthy peanut oil and adds sugar? And this is supposed to be a good thing?

Fresh Ground PB - Ingredients: Peanuts. 200 calories, 15 grams fat, 3 grams sugar, 8 grams protein

PB2 - Ingredients: Roasted peanuts, sugar, salt. 45 calories, 1.5 grams fat, 1 gram sugar, 5 grams protein.

For someone trying to lose weight and watching their calories and fat intake, but also not wanting to eat a ton of processed food with mystery ingredients, this is a pretty fantastic product. I still get healthy fats from olive and coconut oil in cooking and homemade vinaigrettes.
  • tlaurenw
    Options
    Cheez Its -_- Why are they so dang addicting?