200 to 160?

Options
I see a lot of Success Stories of people that weigh 300-350 lbs and they lose weight really quickly and amazingly. Wondering if there is anyone who was only like 200 or 190 that go and lose like 30-40 lbs pretty quickly? If so, how? Do you have pics?

Replies

• powrwrap
    powrwrap Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of Success Stories of people that weigh 300-350 lbs and they lose weight really quickly and amazingly. Wondering if there is anyone who was only like 200 or 190 that go and lose like 30-40 lbs pretty quickly? If so, how? Do you have pics?

I lost 30 lbs. in about 6 months. The first 10 came off quickly, about a month and a half, and then it was about a pound per week after that. I was a daily weigher and my weight see-sawed up and down after the first month and a half, but the general trend was downward.

Pics? Just my profile pic.

As you can see I've regained 6 lbs., mostly over past two months (holidays), I'm buckling down again and plan on being at 200 lbs. again by May 1st.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Weight tends to drop fast the first while with heavier people - I lost 15lbs in my first month but now I think I will be about 1-2 lbs per week. Discouraging but reality - that being said it will also depend on how accurately you log your food and how consistent you are with exercise.
  • impromark
    impromark Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I lost 41 pounds in 2013 through diet and exercise - and I consider 12 months as "fast". No point killing yourself with a quick fix and then bounding back again!

Averaged about 2 pounds down per week when in a proper groove, but roadblocks such as work travel and vacations and acting gigs got in the way of a proper diet - I found that even a couple days off diet and exercise would take 1-2 weeks to work off. Still managed to lose my planned weight and am now focusing on losing inches over pounds. You can do it with consistency and monitoring your input / output for sure.

Mark
  • operanicole86
    operanicole86 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I totally feel your pain. I first began my weight loss journey in 2006 (not with MFP) and eventually reached my goal weight of 160 from 235. I adjusted my life completely and maintained the weight loss for nearly 4 years. Then, in 2011 I got pregnant, married and had my son in April 2012. I was still able to manage my weight well enough throughout pregnancy and only topped off at 200. Fast forward nearly 2 years and I am only now getting closer to my pre-pregnancy weight of 160 all the way from 190. I'm proud of how hard I've worked, and it feels so good to be comfortable and healthier again!!! However, the bottom line is that when you don't have a significant amount of weight to lose, it will ultimately be harder. It also depends on your physical make-up, dedication, excercise, etc.

I know it's hard, but the best gauge is how you feel, how your clothes feel, and knowing in your heart that you are actually doing the best you can! It's hard for me because I base so much on that number on the scale, but I also try to consentrate on what's happening on the inside and out!

I hope this helps a little bit. Good luck on your journey!!!
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    It can happen but its about what is healthy. A lot of us 300 lb people #1 burn more calories due to the weight we carry. And #2 tend to lose a lot of water retention when we start a diet or better healthy eating and drinking water.

Not saying its not possible but easier for 300 lber to lose 2 lbs a week or more than a 200 lb or less person.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    It can happen but its about what is healthy. A lot of us 300 lb people #1 burn more calories due to the weight we carry. And #2 tend to lose a lot of water retention when we start a diet or better healthy eating and drinking water.

Not saying its not possible but easier for 300 lber to lose 2 lbs a week or more than a 200 lb or less person.

That said I when I weighed 250 I lost 40 lbs in 20 weeks while doing weight watchers which to me was fairly quick.
  • anothermop
    anothermop Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I was about 205 when I started P90X in July of '12 and I was down to about 160 by xmas '12. I've been in maintenance mode ever since and I weigh about 155 now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!