Greetings from Manchester

Options
Hi Everyone,
I joined MFP a week ago and have been 'cruising the boards' looking and listening to all you wonderful people and your amazing stories!This site is one of the best I've been on for community spirit and I hope I can become part of it! I've never ever posted b4 so here goes 'bout myself:-
Born and bred in the ultimate rainy city, Manchester, England, home to Oasis, Stone Roses and The Happy Mondays! I've been married second time around for 10 years and have 3 children, 2 step children, 1 grandson and 1 step granddaughter. I've been in the police service for the last 33 years and hope to retire in 2013. My main reason for joining MFP was to lose a little weight, gain a little fitness but mostly make a lot of friends!
Wish me luck as I do you!
Ian:smile:

Replies

• jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Hi Ian, Welcome to MFP. It is great for support and I have only been here for 3- 4 weeks but having my best weight loss to date. And have learnt so much as well. I am in Sydney, Australia. Married with one daughter, age 19 who is a dancer so very fit, I am trying to catch up to her. Never will. Add me as a friend if you like.
  • Wiitabax
    Wiitabax Posts: 284
    Options
    howdo! Neil here from Wigan - Mental Health Nurse.

Manchester eh? That'll do me, we're practically neighbours!

Nice to meet you!

:smile:
  • frubjious
    Options
    Hi Ian,

Good Luck! Looks like you're doing really well already.

Kim
  • DanL66712
    Options
    Greetings from the nations capital! And welcome to MFP!
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    A warm (but actually very chilly) Welcome from Surrey!!! I hope you find this a very helpful website!!

Katherine
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I joined MFP a week ago and have been 'cruising the boards' looking and listening to all you wonderful people and your amazing stories!This site is one of the best I've been on for community spirit and I hope I can become part of it! I've never ever posted b4 so here goes 'bout myself:-
    Born and bred in the ultimate rainy city, Manchester, England, home to Oasis, Stone Roses and The Happy Mondays! I've been married second time around for 10 years and have 3 children, 2 step children, 1 grandson and 1 step granddaughter. I've been in the police service for the last 33 years and hope to retire in 2013. My main reason for joining MFP was to lose a little weight, gain a little fitness but mostly make a lot of friends!
    Wish me luck as I do you!
    Ian:smile:

Hi Ian, welcome to MFP!

Great site for sure, you will love it here - it's addictive lol.

All the best
  • k2charmed4u
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You're definatley right, there is no place like it for online community support like this site. I hope you have every success here and enjoy the experience as I certainly have. It certainly gives an extra positive for losing weight as you meet so many great people along your journey to bettering yourself and their great stories help to inspire you constantly too :smile:
  • Vivx
    Vivx Posts: 121
    Options
    heyyy welcome
    im vivienne im 19 from GLASGOW !!!!!
    i have a 18 month daughter !

this site is great its so addictive though but u will see a improvement with ur weight with all the help from mfp !
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou: .. I hope you enjoy it here as much as I do. It's a great site for support and encouragement.

I love that there are people from all over the World here!
  • IanJames
    Options
    Hi Jen,
    Thanks for your support and for being my friend!
    Ian x
  • IanJames
    Options
    Hi Neil,
    Thanks for being my pie eating friend from Wigan! LOL
  • IanJames
    Options
    Hi Dan,
    Thanks m8! Hope you rech your goals!
    Ian
  • IanJames
    Options
    Hi Katherine,
    It's just started snowing here. Could b a white Chrimbo! LOL
    Thanks for your support.
    Ian x
  • IanJames
    Options
    Hi Di,
    Looks like you are doing really well! Thanks for the message.
    Ian x
  • IanJames
    Options
    Hi Kassie,
    You're looking goood girl! Thanks for the message.
    Ian x
  • IanJames
    Options
    Hi Viv,
    Keep up the good work and you will achieve! Thanks for the message.
    Ian x
  • kerrera
    Options
    Works for me!
    Welcome to MFP
  • IanJames
    Options
    Thanks for the message. You go for it girl!!
    Ian x
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    hey and welcome
    im a nottingham girl originally so not a million miles away from you - now living in london :)
    this site is fab and looks like you are well on your way already!!
  • IanJames
    Options
    Thanks for your message.
    Ian x