100 pounds to lose:(

Options
Hello, my name is Kamaria and I joined in hopes of losing 100 pounds by New Year 2015(plenty of time). I am almost 19 years old and am a freshman in college having a hard time with weight gain. When I came onto campus, I weighed around 220 pounds and I'm pretty sure I've gained about 20 pounds(tops). I've got the most horrid looking body with a lot of SM from quick weight gain. I want to gain confidence and be able to find a nice pair of pants. I've been fat waaayyy too long.

Replies

• jeanettembriggs
    jeanettembriggs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Jeanette and I'm about the same size... I used to be 117 in HS (close to 7 years ago) and now after 2 kids and being way too comfortable with my hubby I'm up to 193.... I agree the clothes shopping is MISERABLE! If you'd like to add me I try to log in everyday. Love to help keep you motivated!
  • toad_allyinlove
    toad_allyinlove Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is venessa I have been on mfp for 101 days and I have lost 27 pounds although I wish it came of faster I'm proud of myself for losing this much. Please free to add me I need the support and I always give support♥
  • lrmccowan
    lrmccowan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Laticia my goal weight to loose is 40lbs and to get in shape
  • SouthernMommy11
    Options
    You can do it!!!!
  • natalie_journey
    natalie_journey Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I think MFP is a great place to start, you get a lot of positive feedback and motivation to keep going. I also started at 220lbs and so far have lost 5lbs, feel free to add me!
  • cutiebbwncali
    cutiebbwncali Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Good morning..
    I'm 12lbs away from loosing 100.. I started doing the Optifast program through Kaiser on 09/18/2013 - would love to make the 100 pound mark by 02/18/2014... 5 months loosing that amount would be awesome! I'll be fine if I don't reach it..but I'm hoping to. I realized last night in class that i'm not getting enough calories.. I decided to come back to MFP and really track everything that I eat. I'm trying to pre-track my meals and stick to them..instead of eating & then tracking.
    Is anyone here in the Sacramento area?
    Also - how do you make the little counter that shows how much weight you've lost to date? I don't know why I can't seem to find that.
    Thanks, Kristen
  • cutiebbwncali
    cutiebbwncali Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well - it looks like I have one & I didn't even know it! :)
  • Randyb111
    Options
    Good luck Kamaria, just keep at it and you can do it! My daughter is about the same age as you and she got me on this site last week as we both need to lose a lot of weight. So far so good, we are both losing weight with the help of myfitnesspal.
  • KapuaK
    KapuaK Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Good morning..
    I'm 12lbs away from loosing 100.. I started doing the Optifast program through Kaiser on 09/18/2013 - would love to make the 100 pound mark by 02/18/2014... 5 months loosing that amount would be awesome! I'll be fine if I don't reach it..but I'm hoping to. I realized last night in class that i'm not getting enough calories.. I decided to come back to MFP and really track everything that I eat. I'm trying to pre-track my meals and stick to them..instead of eating & then tracking.
    Is anyone here in the Sacramento area?
    Also - how do you make the little counter that shows how much weight you've lost to date? I don't know why I can't seem to find that.
    Thanks, Kristen

CONGRATULATIONS KRISTEN! I'm here in the Sacramento area! I'm excited for your weight loss! My doctor had recommended the Opifast ...drop me a line I'd love to know your take on it.

~Kapua
  • Shersuntha
    Options
    You've got this! It will take a to of trial and error to figure out what works for you. Never give up. Remember that there will be good days and there will be bad days. The most important thing to do is do it for yourself. Keep in mind that although it is nice to see the numbers come down on the scale that you need to see the other successes too!!! The weight isn't going to com off as fast as you want and that is ok. You are going to do this and you are going to do it well. Best of luck to you!