What does a 'typical' weeks excercise look like for you?

Options
124»

Replies

• eryanes
    eryanes Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Monday - 2 mile run/1 hour yoga; Tuesday 4 mile run doing intervals; Wednesday; 1 mile run/lift weights; Thursday - 4 mile run/1 hour yoga; Friday - 5 mile run; Saturday - 1 mile run/lift weights; Sunday - long run between 8-10 miles. I sit at work all day and enjoy exercising.
  • allbarrett
    allbarrett Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Three hours per week doing resistance/strength with a personal trainer (I need to learn how to do this right, I've been doing it on my own a while and have been making very modest progress).

Three runs per week, varying distances and speeds, with some interval/other training included.

I don't know how anyone defines "fit" (especially when I see people claiming to work out what looks like 10 hours a week saying they are "somewhat fit" or "better than I was" or whatever), but my calculated VO2max says I'm fit.

I sit on my butt all day at work, so I rely on my Fitbit to tell me to get up and walk around every now and again.
  • Binky_Muffin
    Binky_Muffin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Yes, I consider myself fit. On average, I workout 1.5 hours per day. Because it's winter and we acquired a new puppy, I've been walking a lot. Between 5k to 8k per day.

In the summer months, my main exercises are running and cycling. My goal is to complete an Olympic triathlon this summer. I started ramping up my swimming because this is my weakest point. I'm hoping to swim 1500m per week. I will increase this number when the weather conditions improve and I can open water swim.

My focus right now is to lose some lbs so I have less weight to haul around for my tri. I've been walking, x-country skiing, snow shoeing, indoor cardio and throwing in some push-ups, etc. I don't enjoy weight lifting. Luckily, I've gotten good results with the push-ups, etc.
  • chunkytfg
    chunkytfg Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Mon- rest day
    Tues- swim(~3000m) , Run (4-6miles)
    Wed - Brick session about 60 mins inc transitions
    Thurs - Swim (~3000m), Run (3-5 miles Hard with hills!)
    Fri- Run ( 6-8 miles)
    Sat - Long bike 3 hours +
    Sun - Long Run (10+ miles)

In 6 weeks a further swim session is added to friday along with a short run off the bike saturday and a short bike on the sunday to help loosen the legs off from the run as it will be ramped up to around 15 miles by then hopefully.

Yes i consider myself fit but have along way to go still to get where I need to be.
  • jos05
    jos05 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I like giving my body the full work out... everyday!! lol!

I usually spend M-F at the gym for at least an hour and half.
    usually
    10 mins warming up/stretching/combo

30-40 mins weight training (whatever I feel like doing) usually alternate upper and lower

Then it's my goal time!! I spend 15-20 mins working on a certain goal I'd like to attain. Currently I am trying to get to level 10 on the stair master for 20 mins without leaning or feeling like I am going to die... I want to be able to do it with my hands on my hips the whole time!! (it's a lot harder than it sounds!!)

Then depending on time: 15-25 mins of cardio....

and a 5 min cool down!

On the weekends; if I do not go dancing the night before... (Salsa dancing for the win!) :laugh:
    I will spend an hour on the weights side and change up the cardio.

So far it's been working...

I don't think I am fit compared to the other people at my gym... but I will tell you this... I try harder than anyone else I've ever seen come through the door!!
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I will always be a work in progress, but I consider myself in good physical condition :smile:

Winter routine-

-at home strength training program (Mark Lauren, Body By You), 3 days/30 minutes a time
    -jogging/'jump roping' on rebounder 2 days/30 minutes a time
  • KatAdele
    KatAdele Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    3 days a week - 50 min on treadmill doing intervals + convict conditioning exercises
    3 days a week 30 minutes kettlebell + convict conditioning exercises + 15 min elliptical
  • mastiffmommyof4
    mastiffmommyof4 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of walking daily and about5-6 times a week, I go to the gym. I start out by running for as long as I can (still have not been cleared by the doc of my smoke inhalation so I'm not running as far as I should), walk some more, sometimes add Hulu's cardio hip hop, some free weights, biking. Just depends on what's free once I get off the treadmill. But I do park as far away from things as I can as well. And with all the snow we get, I've been shoveling like a banshee!! Love that cardio!
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    First of all, I don't consider myself "fit", but I'm working to get there.

3 days per week: 45 minutes of full-body strength training (squat, deadlift, bench press, overhead press, barbell row, side bend, barbell curl, triceps extension, calf raises at the moment)

The other 3-4 days per week: 30-35 minutes on the elliptical

Some walking is thrown into that here and there when the weather is nice.

If anybody has suggestions on my strength routine, please feel free to chime in!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Quick cardio warm-up followed by weights 5-6 times per week...about one hour per day.

I'm getting fitter. I've lost most of the weight I wanted, now I just want to get "buff".
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty fit- i do consider myself an athlete.

This is a loose format- I have an out of town relationship so it requires me to be flexible... but this is typically what happens.

Monday-2.5 hrs of dance
    - Deads/box jumps/walking lunges fwd/bck/ghetto hammy raises
    - another 45 minutes of dance
    Tuesday- Chest- DB work- cable work
    - 30-45 of dance
    Wednesday OFF
    Thursday - off- or quick work out + dance
    Friday- Dance or squats
    Saturday - 4-5 hrs of dance
    - squats
    Sunday BACK- all back all day
    - 1.5 hr of dance
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    Monday: 30 min. run; Chest/Abs
    Tuesday: 30 min run; Back/legs
    Wed: 30 min arc trainer; shoulders/abs
    Thurs: 30 min run; tri's legs
    Fri: 30 min run; bi's/abs

My runs are varied: easy, tempo, speedwork, recovery (not necessarily in that order)
    Leg and ab days are varied as well.

Starting March 10th things will be switched up because I start training for a duathlon that's in May so there will be running, biking, some bricks along with my lifting.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    On Sunday, I walk a mile and a tenth up the hill to the gym, do an hour of Step n Tone and then an hour of Boxing. I then walk home, a mile and a tenth, down the hill.

On Monday,I walk a mile and a tenth up the hill to the gym, do an hour of Cardio Kickboxing, then I walk home, a mile and a tenth, down the hill.

On Tuesday,I walk a mile and a tenth up the hill, do an hour of Total body, then walk home, a mile and a tenth, down the hill. After work, I eat dinner quickly, take the subway to Pilates, and then walk home. A mile and a tenth, down the hill.

On Wednesday, I take a 30 minute lunchtime class or spend time on the elliptical.

On Thursday, I walk a mile and a tenth up the hill to the gym, do an hour of Insan8ty, then walk home, a mile and a tenth, down the hill. After work, I walk a mile and a tenth up the hill to the gym, do an hour of Cardioblast, then walk home, a mile and a tenth, down the hill.

In addition, since we live in the city and don't drive, I do all my errands on foot as well as walking to the subway and back. Depending on the day, I could be walking another half hour or 45 minutes, besides my regular workout and office job.

Yes, I consider myself fit.
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I am training for a half marathon. I am doing 5 half marathons this spring, with my first one 5 weeks away.

Monday: Run 4ish miles
    Tuesday: Run 15 minutes on treadmill to warm-up then full body weight lifting for ~45 minutes
    Wednesday: Run 4ish miles. I would also like to fit in some yoga on this day but haven't yet.
    Thursday: Run 15 minutes on treadmill to warm-up then full body weight lifting for ~45 minutes
    Friday: Usually a rest day, but if I have time I will do an easy run
    Saturday: Long run
    Sunday: Yoga

Do I consider myself fit? I am technically obese (3-4 pounds away from the "overweight" category), I run very slowly (half marathon PR is 2:34), and what I consider heavy lifting is probably a warm-up lift for many people.

In spite of all that, I still consider myself fit. I can run for several miles without needing a break. I have run 26 half marathons over the past 6 years. I am strong and getting stronger.
  • Lisafromtheburgh
    Options
    I lost 47 pounds and I consider myself in better shape than I was but I don't really consider myself fit. I typically do a spinning interval workout for 60-90 minutes 6 days a week. Sometimes it spinning/step spinning/kick boxing spinning/yoga melt down spinning/ weights or just plain old spinning. For years I've tried many exercise programs aerobics classes and sessions with trainers who promised me they'd help me "blast" through my plateau. Nothing worked for me. Then last year I set a goal for myself to be at or near my goal weight by November 1 2013 because I was going to Toronto to meet my celebrity crush! I bought a spinning bike took some spinning classes and rode the bike trails on the weekends and that's when I started to see results. Everyone said me you need to find what works for you! That would be cycling in all forms. When November 1st rolled around I was very close to my goal weight and I didn't feel self conscious. I met my celebrity crush and I felt good about myself! Sorry for rambling. I'm just proud of what I accomplished. I come from a long line of overweight couch potatoes. Their idea of exercise is lifting the fork from the plate to their mouth. I'll shut up now. LOL :D
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Lately, especially because of the snow and sleet I have been working out indoors. I've been working out at home. I consider myself active and pretty healthy, striving to be fit.

M-W-F - Cardio/endurance (Turbo Fire or On Demand) (4 am about 30-45 mins)
    T-Th - Strength Training workouts (Kettlebells, dumbells, resistance bands, or strength training dvds)
    F- Wild card normally at gym
    S - I try to run 3-5 miles outside.