Detox?

Options
Does anyone have a good Detox they could recommend?

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I think you misspelled expensive laxative.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    No.

Actually, yes, there is an all natural detox... your liver and kidneys.
  • ryah1269
    Options
    When I do detox it's a fast with lemonade ( no sugar- stevia instead) green tea liquids, lots of water. 1/2 oz to every lb of body weight.
    You can also google detox baths. I like
    2c sea salt
    1c baking soda
    2tbsp ginger
    I squeezed lemon

Then add whatever essential oils you like, I use lemon essential oil and rose essential oil.
    Soak in tub for 1/2 hr to 40 minutes then rinse with fresh water.

You can always go to a spa and do a steam room too.
    But to maintain its good to do monthly. Some folks use colonics for even better detox. I will let you google that!
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Water.
  • caenis
    caenis Posts: 14
    Options
    I did a 7 day juice detox diet. It was excellent but took alot of discipline. Every day you drank a different 'colour' fresh pressed juice- so you need a juicer and in the afternoon you got a green juice. Along with the juices there were exercises to do as it was a complete program that involved detoxing the mind and spirit as well as the body. I bought the book from Chapters.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Dialysis
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell. They have the best. :wink:
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    When I do detox it's a fast with lemonade ( no sugar- stevia instead) green tea liquids, lots of water. 1/2 oz to every lb of body weight.
    You can also google detox baths. I like
    2c sea salt
    1c baking soda
    2tbsp ginger
    I squeezed lemon

Then add whatever essential oils you like, I use lemon essential oil and rose essential oil.
    Soak in tub for 1/2 hr to 40 minutes then rinse with fresh water.

You can always go to a spa and do a steam room too.
    But to maintain its good to do monthly. Some folks use colonics for even better detox. I will let you google that!

Or you could save yourself the trouble and just eat food. Your call, really.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Detox for........? :huh:
  • DrFlave
    DrFlave Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Leech therapy
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Are your kidneys, liver, and bowels failing? If not, just let them do their job. If you absolutely insist on doing a "detox" I recommend a tall glass of water, a few drops of VVL-800 machine oil, a toilet, half a dozen rolls of TP, and an IV. I guarantee two things, you'll be completely detoxed, and you'll never ask about detoxing again.

Rigger
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Like for drugs & alcohol?
    Or are your organs not working and you're looking for that kind of detox?
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I think you misspelled expensive laxative.

Yup, that's basically it.

Your body has working kidneys and live that 'detox'
    If that does not work, you need to see a doctor.
  • ryah1269
    Options
    Not sure if diets and fitness just make people nasty, but here's another idea for you. Lymphatic drainage massage is helpful. Your lymph system removes toxins and waste from your interstitial fluids and sometimes they need help. But like I stressed before lots if water and clean eating/living is really important.

I do all these "cleanse" "detox" things because I have to take toxic medicine to stay alive. My liver and kidneys work overtime and were not designed for that kind of stress.