Meatloaf recipe? Groud Turkey...

Options
Hey does anyone have a good meatloaf recipe that is made with ground turkey? I have never made a meatloaf before but, I would like to try something other than chicken, chicken and of course chicken LOL!

Replies

• Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    My meatloaves never turn out the same way twice lol. Do u have a good one with beef already? just swap the beef for turkey.
  • jennifernoel1024
    Options
    I actually have no meatloaf recipes
  • seancrane798
    Options
    I tried one similar to this and it came out great!!!!!!

Meatloaf gets a healthy makeover in this recipe. The quick-cooking oats provide a healthier, whole grain alternative to breadcrumbs or corn flakes, and they keep the dish ultra moist. I serve this with either garlic mashed potatoes or garlic mashed cauliflower (really low carb and delicious).

3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
    1/2 cup nonfat milk
    1 medium onion, peeled
    2 lbs. ground turkey breast
    1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
    2 large eggs, beaten
    2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
    1/4 cup ketchup
    1/2 tsp. salt
    freshly ground black pepper
    8 oz. can no-salt added tomato sauce

Preheat oven to 350. Stir together the oats and milk in a small bowl and allow to soak for about 3 minutes. Thinly slice about 1/4 of the onion into rings and set aside. Finely chop the rest of the onion. In a large bowl, combine the turkey, oatmeal and milk, the chopped onion, bell pepper, eggs Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, salt and pepper. Mix until just combined.

Put mixture into a 9x13" baking dish and shape into a loaf about 5" wide and 2" high. Pour the tomato sauce over the meatloaf and sprinkle with the sliced onions. Bake for about an hour, or until a thermometer inserted into the center reads 160 degrees F. Remove the meatloaf from the oven and let rest for 15 minutes before slicing.

Servings: 8

Amount per Serving
    Calories: 197
    Carbohydrates: 13g
    Dietary Fiber: 2g
    Sugars: 5g
    Fat: 3g
    Saturated: 1g
    Trans: 0g
    Sodium: 245mg
    Protein: 32g
  • shygur
    shygur Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    bump
  • awebs89
    awebs89 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    My boyfriend and I just made ground turkey meatloaf on Friday and it was great! It was a recipe from the Jennie-O site. Here's the link:
    http://www.jennieo.com/recipes/223-Best-Ever-Turkey-Meatloaf
  • Catwoman1037
    Catwoman1037 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I like to make a mexican style meatloaf. If you have a recipe, just swap the beef for the ground turkey, I use salsa instead of ketchup and I add in chili powder and garlic. Yummy! :happy:
  • Showmm
    Showmm Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Bobby Flay's recipe is really really good. All the vegetables in it help keep it moist as well, as turkey can dry out since it's so lean.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/vegetable-meatloaf-with-balsamic-glaze-recipe/index.html
  • Laurie979797
    Options
    I made Hungry Girl's Turkey & Veggie Meatloaf mini's from her new cookbook. Pretty tasty and I have a square muffin pan so I got 10 little square meatloafs. Recipe says it's supposed to make 9 but i used the whole package of broccoli slaw which was 3 1/2 cups. It's in the rotation now. The recipe is also at this link
    http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1470
  • mamagirl49
    mamagirl49 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Bump for the good Info. Thanks!
  • MountainTopMom
    MountainTopMom Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/08/skinny-meatloaf-cupcakes-with-mashed.html

Made these a few nights ago and they were a huge hit with the kids. Recipe calls for ground turkey, but I used ground venison cuz that' s what my freezer if full of.

edited to add: my guys liked them too! me too.
  • pds06
    pds06 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Saute some chopped onions, carrot, apple, 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning, until soft. Let cool. Add 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup of water and 1 egg for each lb of meat. Salt and pepper to taste about 1/2 tsp per lb. Mix all together and bake 350 for 1 hr. For 2 lb.
  • Junepal
    Junepal Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My new fav is Italian Parmesan Meatloaf which I usually serve with spaghetti squash...so good!

1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, divided
    1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
    1 lb. ground turkey or chicken
    1/2 cup dry italian bread crumbs
    1/4 cup finely chopped onions
    3 garlic cloves minced
    1 egg, lightly beaten
    1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
    make it
    HEAT oven to 375°F.

RESERVE 1/4 cup each spaghetti sauce and cheese. Mix remaining ingredients just until blended.

SHAPE meat mixture into loaf in 12x8-inch baking dish; top with remaining spaghetti sauce and cheese.

BAKE 40 to 45 min. or until done (160°F).

207 cal for 2 generous slices
  • brandi_69
    brandi_69 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Ground Turkey Cheeseburger Meatloaf

1 lb Ground Turkey
    1/4 Cup Diced Onion
    1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
    2 pieces Sara Lee 45 cal Bread (toasted and crumbled)
    1 Cup Kraft Fat Free Cheddar
    1 tsp Black Pepper
    1 Egg or 3 tsp Egg Beaters
    2 Pieces Turkey Bacon (crumbled)

Sauce
    1/4 Cup Ketchup
    1 Tbsp Mustard
    1 1/2 Tbsp Brown Sugar

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all meat products and place in a pam sprayed cooking pan, shaping meat into a log shape . I used a meatloaf pan and spread meat out to the sides of the pan. Next mix the sauce mixture until smooth and spread over the top of the meat mixture. Bake for 45 min to 1 hour remember times vary. This was really good.

Approx 250 calories per serving and I had 6 pieces(about an inch wide) from this loaf. I only cook for 1 person so be aware it is a smaller loaf than a family sized meatloaf.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    My wife makes a very good turkey meatloaf. We had it on Sunday. I don't want to brave her laptop to try to find the recipe, but she adds carrots and a can of V8. I will enter it in my Recipe Box when she gets in from work, so I will have all the nutritional information. Then I will post it here.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Larro's turkey meatloaf

1 pound ground turkey
    salt and pepper
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    1/2 cup carrots finely chopped (optional)
    1 egg, lightly beaten
    8 ounces V-8 (or) tomato juice
    1/2 cup bread crumbs

Topping:
    1/3 cup ketchup
    2 tablespoons brown sugar
    1 tablespoon prepared mustard
    Mix ingredients for topping and spread on loaf. Bake until meatloaf is done
    Suggestions: Can add more topping than suggested and some people just use ketchup instead
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
    Mix all meatloaf ingredients well and place in a baking dish. Shape into a loaf.
    Mix ingredients for topping and spread on loaf. Bake for 1 hour.

Number of servings: 8

Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar

Total:
    992 97 27 12 1,896 43
    Per Serving:
    124 12 3 16 237 5
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Hey does anyone have a good meatloaf recipe that is made with ground turkey? I have never made a meatloaf before but, I would like to try something other than chicken, chicken and of course chicken LOL!

No such thing, use a mixture of beef, veal and pork
  • oc1timoco
    oc1timoco Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I make a Black Bean, Chipotle Turkey Meatloaf with Adobo Sauce. I make 3 pounds at a time and cut it into portions and freeze it. If you want the recipe send me a message and I'll give it to you.
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I like this one a lot: http://paleomg.com/buffalo-chicken-mini-meatloaf/

Swap out the almond meal for breadcrumbs if you don't need to exclude gluten.

If you want a good beef/pork meatloaf, I've had good success with this one: http://fastpaleo.com/recipe/smokey-bacon-meatloaf/

Again, swap out any non-gluten products if you don't need to exclude gluten.
  • tiger_lily5
    tiger_lily5 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I do! Super tasty too. Spinach Turkey Loaf:

Trader Joe's - Kosher Ground Turkey 93% Lean, 1 container (16 oz ea.)
    Trader Joe's - Organic Chopped Spinach (Frozen), 1 cup/81g
    Trader Joe's - Freshly Shaved Parmesan, Romano & Asiago Cheese, 0.2 container (28 tbsp ea.)
    Onion - Red Onion, Raw, 100 g
    Trader Joe's - Just Cashew Meal, 1/4 c. (1oz)
    Trader Joe's - Spices of the World - 21 Seasoning Salute, 1 tsp. (0.6g)
    Eggs - Whole, raw, 1 large
    Salt/Pepper

Mix all ingredients together and put in a loaf pan. I usually spray with coconut or olive oil to keep from sticking.
    Bake at 375 for 50-60 minutes.

Serves 4
    Nutrition per serving according to the recipe calculator
    Calories 265
    Carbs 5
    Fat 14
    Protein 30
    Fiber 1
    Sugar 2
  • ActuarialChef
    ActuarialChef Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    I find that my meatloaf turns out better when I make muffin-sized meatloafs instead of large loaf-sized meatloafs.

I typically use this recipe and switch out anywhere from 1/2 to all of the ground beef for turkey: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/meatloaf-muffins-with-barbecue-sauce-recipe.html

I also love this recipe when I'm looking for something spicy: http://www.budgetbytes.com/2012/06/thai-turkey-meatloaf/