Extremes?

Options
2»

Replies

• QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone.. i have seeked help before (prescribed prozac) but i got better and discontinued use. now i'm getting counselling but i'm so sceptical.
    sorry to unload this, i'm totally reaching breaking point and my eating is going crazy.. was simply wondering if anyone understood or had been through something similar

You got better because you were taking the prozac. Why did you stop taking it?
  • tehmotionless
    Options
    thanks everyone.. i have seeked help before (prescribed prozac) but i got better and discontinued use. now i'm getting counselling but i'm so sceptical.
    sorry to unload this, i'm totally reaching breaking point and my eating is going crazy.. was simply wondering if anyone understood or had been through something similar

You got better because you were taking the prozac. Why did you stop taking it?

My GP decided to cancel my prescription because I was a whole lot better.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Honey I suffer from anxiety and depression too. It has made me binge eat and cause so many food problems in my life. I know how hard it is. A lot of people just don't understand. Once I started counseling and got on the righy medications (wellbutrin and abilify) I have turned into a whole new person. Don't give up. There is relief out there. You just need to seek it. Messege me if you ever need tp just talk!
    ^^this. Time to get back on the Prozac or start a new course of meds. Dont be too proud or stubborn to do what you need to do to be healthy - physically and emotionally.

Both of these are pretty close to what I was going to say. I've taken meds that didn't work, so I stopped. I've taken meds that did help, and I stopped when I felt better. Both of those eventually took me to a very bad place. Now I've found a combination of things that work and am doing much better... you'll find your magic combination too!

Don't give up on yourself. Hang in there and do what you need to do to get yourself healthy. Take care and good luck!
  • tehmotionless
    Options
    I wrote a much more lengthy reply about relating to your situation but decided not to post it, so all I will say is I hope you are feeling much better soon and good luck. :flowerforyou:

awh :smile: glad you can relate I suppose, you're never alone. thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • tehmotionless
    Options
    True, I will. These things take time! Thank you. Good luck with your own magic combination :happy: