Free slice of pizza - help!

Options
Hey everyone! :)
I have a bit of a dilemma. I finished P90x in the beginning of the month, and I've been able to avoid pizza for maybe 5 months total. But I went to an NBA game yesterday, and the home team scored 100 points, meaning I can redeem my ticket for a free large slice of pizza today (at Pizza Pizza...mediocre).
I have to work straight after school, I have a rice cake, a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese, an apple and some nuts (cashews and almonds) I packed from home with me, and this is basically supposed to be my food supply for the rest of the day, unless.....

Okay, I'm rambling.. but there's a Pizza Pizza right next to where I work, and I know I'll be tempted to go there during my break. One cheese slice is 580 cals.. which will put me over at least by 400!

What I need.. is for somebody to talk me out of it!

Replies

• duckdogs
    duckdogs Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Do a random act of kindness. Find a hungry looking person and give them the coupon. Feed the people not your body and do a good deed.

Unplanned eating in a weak moment never turns out right.

my 2 bits
  • hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    If the pizza is only mediocre, who cares if it's free? Maybe you can give your ticket away to a coworker that would enjoy it more, if not, march straight to the shredder and shred that ticket! Apples, cheese and nuts will be more enjoyable than greasy pizza! You can do it-save those calories for some GOOD pizza!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Duckdogs, yes, Yes, YES! Do what duckdogs says. I bet some poor old soul could REALLY use that coupon today!
  • Gershwyn
    Options
    In a moment of pure, unadulterated spontaneity, rip up the NBA ticket. Problem solved.
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    i like what ^ they said :)
  • tymberwolf
    Options
    Do a random act of kindness. Find a hungry looking person and give them the coupon. Feed the people not your body and do a good deed.

my 2 bits

I second that! Just because its free doesn't mean you have to eat it. You wil probably regret it. Definately give the coupon to someone who needs it more than you. Maybe someone at work?

Don't do ot! If you really want pizza, I have a recipe for a really low calorie pizza you can have for dinner, message me and ill send it to you.

Jenn
  • WTFitness
    WTFitness Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Haha, thanks a lot everyone! Lots of great advice here, and very quick too :) I really appreciate it.
    I will be giving the ticket away, probably to a co-worker with one of those road-runner metabolisms.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options

my 2 bits

awesome idea...the homeless could use the extra calories
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    One slice of cheese is 580 calories??? Are you sure??? Jesus!! haHAHA.
  • xxthursday09xx
    xxthursday09xx Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    IMO....go for it...you have been doing great for so long. If you deprive yourself all the time of the things you like, you will go nuts. just work out extra the next day :)
  • melanie92
    melanie92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    for medicore pizza? no way! find someone and give it away!! :noway:
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    One slice of cheese is 580 calories??? Are you sure??? Jesus!! haHAHA.

No its, not. The individually sold “slices” at Pizza Pizza are actually 2 XL slices but still, its NOT 580. Get garden veggie for 480 cals total (pepperoni is 500 so again, not sure where the 580 is coming from). Supplement it with a side of veggies and have a delicious dinner.

KEEP IT!!
  • newton1011
    Options
    i totally agree - just eat the pizza! one slice won't kill you and the other stuff you have to eat sounds pretty sad hahahh :happy:
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Yup - give it away or rip it up. I had a whole bunch of fudge left from a gathering last night - didn't want to eat the stuff, had to get it out of my house. So brought it to work and went through the building to make sure that every last bit of it is gone. That way, I won't eat it... People were so happy to have some home made fudge! I wonder if they knew it was all out of selfishness lol!
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Duckdogs made a good case, giving it to someone else will give you a good feeling. You should really go and have some pizza some day soon, have only one slice and make sure it is only the best! Don't totally deprive yourself, your body will eventually win and you may not be able to control yourself.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options

my 2 bits

this is a GREAT idea!!
  • dietdebo
    Options
    If it was good pizza (worth the calories pizza) it wouldn't be free!
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Ok, a little reason here. I agree with everyone that you shouldn't sacrifice your hard work with mediocre pizza just cuz it's there.... don't have the pizza, it's way too many calories in one sitting, mostly comprised of fat and complex carbs, not worth it. But I'd like to address the food you do have that is supposed to last you the rest of the day, if you're going straight to work afterward you're going to be crashing hard and then reaching for whatever there is infront of you. What you have are a series of healthy snacks. I hope you're planning some sort of healthy food for after work. I also hope you have a pretty sedintary job or you're going to hit a low blood sugar moment for sure!
  • bobdubya
    Options
    Tear the ticket up right now. In you have the pizza you will have a overwhelming sense of guilt. You will have WISHED you didn't do it. So make your wish come true and DON'T do it. When you wake up tomorrow your first thought will be relief. If tomorrow you really wished you had had the pizza I will send you the money to buy a WHOLE one.. Good luck
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Are you planning on never eating pizza again? I eat the way I'm going to eat the rest of my life. Which includes pizza once in a while. It's one of my occassional foods. For me eating a slice of pizza doesn't through me off track.
    :-)