'Beginner to marathon' on RunKeeper

Options
After having lost a bit of weight I am surprised to discover I can actually run now, so I have decided to set myself a stretch goal for 2014 of completing a half marathon or full marathon.

I am into week one of the 'beginner to marathon' training plan on Runkeeper and really enjoying it.

I would like some friends for motivation on Runkeeper while I try to get my fitness up to a level where I can complete a half marathon, or the full marathon without blowing a gasket.

My user details on RunKeeper: http://runkeeper.com/user/lazygecko

Replies

• Flixi1403
    Flixi1403 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I added you on Runkeeper. Keep it up!
  • sweetrecognition
    Options
    How does run keeper work? I've been out of running for a while... Colds, stress, etc but I wanna get into it.
    Any tips?
  • peterjasper
    peterjasper Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    runkeeper has goals you can set and training programs to choose from which are both very good for motivation

one of my friends has a countdown to this marathon he is training for on his feed which is a nice reminder about his end goal

I also like the customisable timings the program will give you such as the one I have where every five minutes it pauses my music to tell me how far I have run and my speed per km which helps let you know how hard your working and how long you have left
  • Chewbacca262
    Options
    I just started using Runkeeper and sent a request on RK.

Good luck with the training.