My "HALF WAY" Story: 110lbs down in 7 months (With Pics)

Options
I said that I would share my story once I reached my halfway goal then again when I reached my goal weight (which I hope to know when I get there). I am a single mom raising two beautiful baby boys and also holding down a full time job. In July of 2013 I found myself almost tipping the scale at 400 pounds. I did not want to live this way anymore. I want to be there for my boys. So I made a promise to be less than 225 pounds by September 2014. Well as it stands 7 months later I am down 110 pounds, setting in at a comfortable 263lbs. I have not used any pills or magical gimmicks. I started out walking with my boys around the block and when that got to easy I added another block, and another, till we were talking 3-5 miles a night. They were happier and so was I. I used my fitness pal to track my calorie intake, I watched what I was eating, took my time eating, and made sure to fill up on lean protein and veggies. I have not cut out anything all together. I have days when I allow myself to eat.

I feel amazing. I love walking, and jogging now, and working out at the gym. My skin glows, and I find myself smiling all the time. I get down on the floor and play with my boys, we have races outside. Going into a store and being able to try on clothing is amazing. Wearing an XL tee-shirt vs. paying the 3.00 extra for a XXXL.

People stop me now and say wow you’re doing it. And I am. I want to be around for a long time for my boys and to me this is the best gift I can give them and myself!

So to all those moms out there that are too busy and do not have time. It is possible; once that fire is lit inside of you it is hard to put out.

SW July 2013:373lbs
CW: 263lbs
GW: ~175lbs

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Can't see your photos, but WAY TO GO!!! That is awesome!
  • Aimee71B
    Aimee71B Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congats to you on musch success! Quite an inspiration, keep up the great work :)
  • elcasey87
    Options
    That's amazing! Congratulations you are an inspriation!!!
  • kayscholl93
    kayscholl93 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Truly inspiring
  • mamagirl49
    mamagirl49 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration! You're doing great. Can't wait for the followup!
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options

12349302985_be8e99f002.jpg
  • 2dayirunforme
    2dayirunforme Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Congrats on reaching the 1/2 mark you rock!!
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Keep it up!! that is amazing!

You can go all the way!
  • cjsroute24
    cjsroute24 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You are doing amazing! Keep it up - it can only mean good things for you and your family!
  • tracy_getsfit
    tracy_getsfit Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    If someone wants to tell me how to add pictures from FLICKR I will get them added but it is not working for me!
  • LVCeltGirl
    Options
    Keep it up, you look great!!!! Keep us informed so we can celebrate with you.
  • Iorns78
    Iorns78 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!! Congratulations to you and good luck on the second half of your adventure!
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Amazing !!!! Way to go !!
  • NancieFeatherston
    NancieFeatherston Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Hard work pays off... just what I needed confirmed! Thank you for inspiring me!
  • bowbee
    bowbee Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Very nice! Your whole face just looks brighter in your current weight pics.
  • SincerelyHiatus
    SincerelyHiatus Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! That's truly something to be proud of. I'm 20 years old and my mom was beautiful when i was younger; however, as I got older she gained weight and now all she does is go to work, go home, sit on the couch, eat, and fall asleep with cigarettes in her hand. I wish she had the heart to change the way she is, and i know she sees it because she talks negatively about herself often. Your boys may very well thank you one day for doing this - don't ever look back and regret it!!
  • hayleysuel
    hayleysuel Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Amazing, so inspring! Great job!
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options

12349302985_be8e99f002.jpg

I think this is the second pic OP wanted

12349765884_07da601cae.jpg
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Great job, my friend!! We will keep inspiring each other!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!