What is your secret motivation?

Options
I haven't been food logging for a couple of days but been giving slimming world another try as the calorie counting wasn't doing it for me. When I have it in my mind I have to limit myself I find I feel trapped (if that makes sense) and start to binge. im on day 3 now of being on plan and im doing a weigh in on Tuesday again in boots with a friend. I'm so determined! she is 1 stone 1lb lighter than me and I know this may sound cruel but my motivation is to weigh less than her! I haven't weighed less thank her for about 10 years and she's always been my skinny best friend. of course I want to succeed together but this little competition is what is keeping me going! so what are your secret motivators?

Replies

• zzk0485
    zzk0485 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My biggest motivation is my daughter. My other motivation is to be able to fit into this one pair of jeans I have that when I used to be able to fit into them my husband would comment every time and say "damn look at that butt..." lol I felt soo good but I have a long way to go before I can get into them. probly can't even get a leg in them now :(
  • LRoslin
    LRoslin Posts: 128
    Options
    I want to make sure nobody can ever call me fat again. And I want to stick it to my inlaws, who have been talking about my weight behind my back for the past 13 years. All under the guise of "we're just concerned about her health."
  • kbkeats
    kbkeats Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My secret motivation is a trip to California & Vegas with my boyfriend's family in April.
    Even though my clothes have to be more modest than if I was going to Vegas with friends, I want to look fantastic when I put on my (modest) bathing suit!
  • Dreamingallday
    Options
    My secret motivation is to be able to travel the world and not have my weight keep me back from enjoying and trying anything or stop me from taking pictures to remember my adventures.
  • Alyssawinter1221
    Options
    My secret motivation is my boyfriends sister! I went to Florida with their family and she and her best friend were so skinny and pretty! She's a size 2/4 and thinking about her keeps me going!

Also, my best friend and I have a wager. I beat her to the first 10 pounds, so now we are doing another 10! I really want to be lighter than her, we started at about the same measurements but I weigh 20 pounds more than her! So frustrating.

:)
  • Momto4minions
    Momto4minions Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Visiting family that I havent seen in a while this summer...at a lake...bathingsuits a must! I want to look amazing. :P
  • lydiaroyce
    Options
    I plan on trying to get pregnant next year and I want my starting weight to be really low so that I have an easier time losing weight after the baby. I also want to be really skinny before I go on vacation this fall.
  • steffipaulina
    Options
    When I was a chubby pre-teen someone told me "Your weight and fitness are connected to every part of your life one way or another" and that stuck with me.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    My ex never had an issue with my weight. But because of the simple fact she is now my EX, I can’t wait for her to see the new and improved me. So I’m doing this for myself. But there is that secret motivating factor out there.
  • callyart
    callyart Posts: 209
    Options
    To feel healthy.

Since I started eating healthy and exercising my back and leg pain has more than halved to the point where I am not feeling it much anymore, just when I sit down for too long / stand too long or if I am cold.

This has amazed me and its the biggest motivation I could ever have!
  • starkitty4
    starkitty4 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    my secret motivation is that i want to be healthier and happier. plus i want to tone my tummy up ready for my new tattoo that i have planned :D
  • KatherinesRiver
    Options
    Mmmmm, my secret motivation might just be that little catalog of sexy nightgowns I saw in my mailbox and saved.

Yes, I think so!:happy:
  • 00NL
    00NL Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    My motivation is the progress I've already made, and being stronger, faster, fitter and healthier in my 40's than I was in my 30's, and then knocking it out of the park in my 50's, which are right around the corner. :tongue:

Past challenges that I've overcome and conquered, and new challenges ahead keep me motivated, knowing I can do anything I set my mind to, and that if I am determined enough, I will find a way to do it, doing the very best I can with what I've got.

I will continue to improve, grow (muscles, not fat!), and learn for the rest of my life, and enjoy it all. Never going back! :drinker:
  • pusheen12
    pusheen12 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    The entertainment I get from a green-eyed monster in my life.

:blushing:
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    I'm gong on a trip with an old friend from university-this summer. Haven't seen him for 27 years-and I was about 60 lbs lighter then. I know I won't lose 60 but 25 would be awesome!
  • emboslice94
    Options
    I want to be able to run for buses without getting out of breath, carry my own groceries, feel sexy and just generally I like to implement the way I am in school to other parts of my life...so I try to be the very best but the only person I feel competitive with, is myself.
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I have a secret motivation-- maybe the closest thing is that I want to look athletic, not petite but plumpish. I would like to get down the the lowest weight I've been as an adult, which happened in college when I was depressed for 3 months and barely ate. I lost probably 10 pounds in that time (which is a heck of a lot for short little me) and I looked great-- my stomach was actually flat. This time I'm doing it sustainably over a longer period of time, and relearning how to eat as I go (I had a habit of routine overeating!). Lest anyone worry about me, my ultimate goal weight is 105 lbs, and I'm 5'1" with a small/medium frame.
  • Julesdublin
    Julesdublin Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I’ve gained a stupid amount of weight last year.
    I want to be able to fit on my old clothes again. I booked a holiday to Barcelona in May and I hope to be back to my old shape by then.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    My motivation is getting to a pint where nothing is physically beyond my reach. If I get in my head to do something I don't my body holding me back because I ate a Twinkie to many!!