22. college. needs understanding and supportive friends

Options
Hi I'm Kurtney. I am a soon graduate with a major in elemrntary education and a concentration in special needs of students with learning behavioral disorders. I would like to find friends who understand what its like to be over weight. My roomie is skinny and doesnt understand why I cant eat french fries everyday or why 10 oz of meat at dinner is too much. Just need friends who understand and will be there for motivation. :)

Replies

• Foodiethinking
    Foodiethinking Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm free for that!

I'm an undergraduate and a friend of mine is constantly munching on crisps and chocolate and chips and chinese food, she is the thiniest thing!

I tend to either invite my friend back for lunch or eat in my accommodation usually so I can keep track :)
  • Foodiethinking
    Foodiethinking Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Also try sharing with a dancer doing her postgrad- her fridge shelf is constantly stocked up on chocolate, massive steaks etc!
  • rainandwood93
    rainandwood93 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi. 20 and in university right now, with 100 pounds to lose! I definitely know what it's like to be surrounded by skinny, beautiful people who seem to have constant room for cheesecake and fried foods. Add me if you want!
  • cricketannie
    cricketannie Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Please add me! I'm right there with you. I'm working on my degree in early childhood education as well. My focus is deaf education which also involves a lot of special education. It is certainly challenging to be in school and try to lose weight.
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Sure, I'll add you. I had a roommate who was the same way: could polish off a bag of chips and couldn't gain an ounce.
  • erinbartholomew5
    erinbartholomew5 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Sure! I always thought how odd it was that so many skinny or average weight people are willing to judge those who are overweight, while at the same time stuffing their own faces!! I ate a similar diet to others I knew, but gained weight while they stayed slim. That is why I am trying my best to eat healthy!
  • SKINNYsupermodel
    Options
    I would love more friends on here. I have so many friends at school who can eat whatever. Like bags of fruit loops, several slices of pizza, peanut m&ms (which are HEAVENLY, btw) and are so slim. And I'm over here on my pathetic 1200 cal/day diet and it stinks lol. I need some motivation :) Feel free to add!
  • ohkurt18
    ohkurt18 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Omg i know. Tonight we are having cheese burgers. Except mine with no cheese. Ha she is like its just a piece of cheese. Im like no its 70 + calories for nothing lol
  • Lmsciera22
    Options
    I'm open to more friends! I recently graduated from college, however I gained about 50 pounds in college so I know what it's like. I was one of the heaviest people in my grad school class... Now i'm looking to get healthy and lose the weight!
  • kathrynmcgrady
    Options
    Hey! I'm Kathryn. I'm 23 and a second year law student. I definitely understand what it's like to have to constantly monitor what is going in your mouth. I have a ton of weight to lose, so I'm here for the long haul.
  • BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I am in the same boat as the title of this thread and would love have have some more supportive friends! I need some people to keep me in check as I am struggling with maintaining my weight in my senior year of college!

Feel free to add me! :)
  • mrsmac42
    mrsmac42 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Kurtney! My name is Melanie and I'm 24. I'm going to send you a request. :) I'm also accepting friend requests if anyone else wants to add me. I'm looking for support and motivation, too :)
  • Chuchiiee
    Options
    X'D Me too, me too. I'm 22 and graduated last May. Now I'm in my second semester of grad school. I know exactly what you're going through. Though my roommate was actually a bit bigger...she was CONFIDENT. So she didn't get why I stressed so much about the way I looked/ the food I ate. I wish I had her confidence! Lol. Good luck girlie~
  • emeraldvssilver
    emeraldvssilver Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as everyone else. 21 next month and wanting to lose a LOT of weight by my graduation in July. Not helped by my 8 skinny flatmates who go out to eat and drink every other night. I've found myself slipping recently so maybe having more friends on here will kick my *kitten* into gear!

Feel free to add me :)
  • wandadars
    wandadars Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wow. All of these 20-22 year old people in grad school already. I'm 26 and in engineering grad school. Also working towards losing ~70 lbs this year.

Feel free to add me.
  • taytaylynn3
    Options
    I'm 21, one more semester until i graduate!!
    Looking to lose 20-25 pounds.

Feel free to add!
  • McKenzieLeigh
    McKenzieLeigh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Well, I am 31 and an undergrad. 2 jobs, 2 kids and school with 65 pounds to lose so I may not have a roommate, but I have a husband and 2 young boys who can put it away! It is hard for me to not eat what they eat all the time or not finish the food on their plates.
    I am always happy to have new friends and I will be starting Grad school this summer so I may need some extra motivation too!
  • melissa62094
    melissa62094 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm in the same boat I need some help with motivation! I'm 19 going to be 20 in June and in my second year of college and really need to lose about 30 pounds before the end of summer! I just think we can share some fun quick recipes and be there when someone falls off the wagon, like I recently did over winter break.

Feel free to add me and we can start shedding the unwanted pounds and begin to live a healthy life for our 20s!!
  • aquawoman3
    Options
    I'll add you! I've been looking for support too and I think it's great for people to help each other. I'm. 23 and graduating this May. The stress is making weight loss more of a far off fantasy than a reality for me.

Let's all help each other meet our goals!
  • ohkurt18
    ohkurt18 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I really wish this community stuff was in the app itself