Meth. It does a body good.

Options
Meth is SO bad in rural America.
Did you know that some call it Jenny Crank an alternative to Jenny Craig? Yea I didn't either. NUTS.

Sadly in this area if someone is losing weight it is more likely a result of methamphetamine than it is hard work and dedication.

No point to this thread other than to complain.

Replies

• TiffanyEst85
    TiffanyEst85 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I guess the good news is that even if these people are losing weight due to their (rather disgusting and repulsive) life choice of doing Meth... They are going the opposite direction of healthy. And since Healthy, rather than thin/skinny/slim, is my goal I can't complain. I will continue to work my body hard and they will continue to destroy theirs. In the end, I win. In the end, They'll die off much sooner.... and that might lead to a completely different discussion of natural selection lol. I will say that I hate being so close to it. I live less than a half hour away from the "meth capital of the world", and knowing I will someday have children-this scares me a bit.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    I try not to judge what drugs people do even if that drug is meth

some 'drugs' can be fun once in a while :indifferent:
  • howcanthatbetakenalready
    Options
    I guess the good news is that even if these people are losing weight due to their (rather disgusting and repulsive) life choice of doing Meth... They are going the opposite direction of healthy. And since Healthy, rather than thin/skinny/slim, is my goal I can't complain. I will continue to work my body hard and they will continue to destroy theirs. In the end, I win. In the end, They'll die off much sooner.... and that might lead to a completely different discussion of natural selection lol. I will say that I hate being so close to it. I live less than a half hour away from the "meth capital of the world", and knowing I will someday have children-this scares me a bit.

Where do you live?

Don't forget to include address and link to Google Earth.

LOL Just kidding. Where at in general?
    Options

some 'drugs' can be fun once in a while :indifferent:

I don't pretend to be a good person. So I'm OK with being all Judgy
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Meth is SO bad in rural America.
    Did you know that some call it Jenny Crank an alternative to Jenny Craig? Yea I didn't either. NUTS.

Sadly in this area if someone is losing weight it is more likely a result of methamphetamine than it is hard work and dedication.

No point to this thread other than to complain.

I have heard of Jenny Crank and have used the phrase as well (but have not used meth). I know people from high school who are users and they are very skinny. 1 girl uses it for the fact she cant function without it and it makes her skinny. Prob because she doesnt eat or sleep and in constantly tweaking out running around doing weird stuff.
  • TX_Thundercat
    TX_Thundercat Posts: 2,437 Member
    Options

Dafuq?!?
  • TiffanyEst85
    Options

Where do you live?

Lol, Tacoma, WA is the "Meth Capital of the world"... I do not live IN Tacoma... Just NEAR it. :)
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options

Oftentimes doing drugs is more about having made a mistake and getting trapped in it, rather than a disgusting and repulsive life choice.
    Options

Where do you live?

Lol, Tacoma, WA is the "Meth Capital of the world"... I do not live IN Tacoma... Just NEAR it. :)

Ya I clicked your profile after I asked and saw that.

I asked because I hear the same title applied to my area in SW MI
  • TiffanyEst85
    Options

Oftentimes doing drugs is more about having made a mistake and getting trapped in it, rather than a disgusting and repulsive life choice.

I want to be sure I am not taken out of context. My comment was in direct relation to the original post referring to people who use meth for the purpose of being skinny. I agree, drug use is often times ONE bad choice that leads to addiction. Addiction is a serious, dangerous, and sad thing. I wasn't making a joke about that, or the people that get trapped into it.
  • jennyjcss
    jennyjcss Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    One answer from me

NEVER do drugs, it retard your brain
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    Meth: Rampid in rural towns!!

Teens tend to have nothing to keep them busy..nowhere to go to hang out except the town park...No indoor places for kids to go. It seems that all they do in rural towns is drugs, drink, pill pop, abuse each other, or cheat on the SO. Yeah..I'm tired of rural America. There are some amazingly friendly people..but those are mostly dying out with the newer generations.
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I've never been around anyone that does that. Do they just not eat? I don't understand.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    As someone who lives in a region with lots of meth use, I feel like most of the time I can spot meth weight loss a mile away vs. healthy weight loss.

Seriously...I've commented to friends about someone we went to school with being on meth and they're like, "OH NO, not Leah, her dad's a doctor! She's married with 2 kids" ...and then see her obituary or facebook photos of her with 2 missing teeth and friends from rehab.

So yeah
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options

Dafuq?!?

this
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options

Dafuq?!?

dafuq?? not sure what there is to not get about that ...drugs are drugs, some are a lot better and positive(should be legal) some are not

judging someone because they do one of the "disgusting/not totally cool" ones is not something I am into basically
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Dafuq?!?
    dafuq?? not sure what there is to not get about that ...drugs are drugs, some are a lot better and positive(should be legal) some are not

judging someone because they do one of the "disgusting/not totally cool" ones is not something I am into basically
    Isn't meth done by cooking together a number of ingredients, most of them from hardware stores and bearing skulls and crossbones, and then smoking or injecting the end result?

Because if so, does that strike you as a reasonable thing to do?

ETA: I'll grant that nothing guarantees the purity of a dime bag or tab either, but at least those things CAN be benign. There's no way meth could be.
  • just_Jennie1
    Options

Dafuq?!?

Because meth mouth is soooooo sexy. :huh:

Seriously, what would be a "cool" drug out there to do?

There are no "positive drugs". Yeah yeah. Legalize marijuana because yes, it helps people with cancer and other illnesses but it's still a drug. Making something legal doesn't automatically make it "positive".
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Where are the Breaking Bad gifs?!

tumblr_mtsfkez0Tq1sf5h7zo1_500.gif

Jefferson County, MO claimed the #1 meth county in the country a few years ago. I live next to my grandparents farm in a typical middle class rural area... with a meth lab right down the street. I think most of the ones in the county were in some of the huge gated communities surprisingly. Although, I've heard in the Midwest there has been a big transition to heroin.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I've never been around anyone that does that. Do they just not eat? I don't understand.

Pretty much. I've done it. It and all of its aftermath are ugly. I was 40 pounds lighter than I am now. I was also young and stupid.
This discussion has been closed.