Crossfit

Options
Seeking any fellow Crossfit athletes out there that would like to talk WODS, food or general fitness.

Replies

• aubarellaxfit
    Options
    I'm a newbie to MFP, but also do Crossfit and am obsessed!
  • cmarie1210
    cmarie1210 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm a newbie Crossfitter as well :) Would love to discuss different things as well. I'm wondering how you track exercise on here under Crossfit. It doesn't seem to come up within the searches.
  • CrossFitLaw
    Options
    It's really hard to track how many calories you burn because everything is so variable for CrossFit. Eat clean and push yourself hard. Take your rest days seriously. I've been CrossFitting for about 5 years and I've never been in better shape. Maybe I'll see some of you at Northeast Regionals this year!
  • royaldrea
    royaldrea Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm a newbie Crossfitter as well :) Would love to discuss different things as well. I'm wondering how you track exercise on here under Crossfit. It doesn't seem to come up within the searches.

Input 'Circuit Training'. Even so, it's not very accurate. You may be in your box for an hour, but you're warming up instead of actually doing your WOD...or standing around for 10 minutes or catching your breath between sets because you're dying...

If I do put it into my exercise diary, I reduce the time significantly. And I'm still probably a bit off, but the good thing with strength training is (apparently) your muscles are burning energy long after your workout. So hopefully it evens out!
  • kileyt71
    Options
    Completely obsessed here too! The more I do, the more I want to do it! And I'm seeing and feeling results!
  • margannmks
    margannmks Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Thinking about trying crossfit. What does WOD mean?
  • NCSteveVH
    NCSteveVH Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Workout of the Day. Changes every day. Feel free to PM me if you want more details. I've been doing crossfit for two years and have had great results (along with good nutrition!).
  • margannmks
    margannmks Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    So the workout is changed daily. Is that up to the gym or is it the same regimen taught at all " crossfit" classes? I currently do bootcamp 5 days aweek. Mon tues is lower body,one is more cardio the next is strength then wed thurs the same but upper body then fri is the whole deal. Ive been doing this a year and a half and just keep challenging myself and i havent gotten bored yet.. Theres a place offering a month of crossfit and im wanting to add a sat class to my workout so i thought id try it out. One of the girls that came back to bc after cf said it was too hard, too much lifting but she went to a different gym. I guess i can try a month and see if it fits me.
  • PureAdamic
    Options
    I tried crossfit, but I wanted to be strong so I stick to standard weight lifting.
  • rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I tried crossfit, but I wanted to be strong so I stick to standard weight lifting.

Crossfit develops strength quite well for most people. Of course, that can vary based on your coach/programming. But in my experience most coaches tend to design their workouts to build strength.
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Had my 1 year anniversary with crossfit on Feb 4th. I have NEVER use the following phrase about anything in my life but... "Crossfit really did change my life". I am stronger and happier than I have ever been. I am not to my goal yet because frankly I probably could have pushed a little harder but I am ready to really step it up now.

I love the strength... physical and mental... that I have found at crossfit.

I started running with c25k 5 years ago and ran off and on. But never well and never because it felt good. After a year of Crossfit and the muscles and stamina I have built up running is so much more of a joy. Actually ran 7.5 miles about a week ago. THAT IS MY LONGEST distance ever. I am never gonna be the chick with a 6 pack, and wearing tiny spandex shorts persay.. but I am really starting to be comfortable in my own skin. Crossfit did that for me!!!!!!
  • ashlando
    ashlando Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I am 6 months into CrossFit and I am in love! I have tried every diet and exercise routine on the market and have never been able to stick to anything for more than a month. Somehow 6 months have passed since I started Xfit and I just want to keep coming back for more! The results are amazing and I can truly say that I am in the best shape of my life.

To anyone who is considering CrossFit - just get after it. Give it 6 months and I guarantee your life will be changed for the better.

I would love to talk WODs, lifts, PRs, AMRAPs, RX's and all of that fun stuff with you guys anytime!
  • crossfitmommy79
    crossfitmommy79 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Crossfit for 14 months. Previously I lifted weights, ran, rode bikes, kickboxed and swam. I am by far stronger than I have ever been in my life. I have also seen more changes in my body than ever before. I totally love the high of nervousness and excitement before a WOD and the pure exaustion and satisfaction after a WOD. The only regret I have is not starting Crossfit sooner.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    There is a group on here for CrossFitters called CrossFit Love. I'm always happy to talk about WODs, progress, etc. and the people in the group are all really cool.

I've been at it for a year and I love it. You will see mixed reviews in the main forums...just do what works for you.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Here's the link if you want to join: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/99-crossfit-love