Calling for some very tough love

Options
Hi folks. I think I am in need of some serious tough love. So, if any of u would like to be tough on me, here is ur chance :) The scale is moving in the wrong direction and I take full responsibility for it. But I am also very scared that I cant gain the control back! I need to hear things like " quit whining and get it together!" I want to be able to come back to this thread periodically when I am feeling weak. So put ur tough love pants on and let loose.....im ready lol!

Replies

• michellewelch2010
    michellewelch2010 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I prefer positive reinforcement :)

You are worth it! You can do it! Every action you make today counts towards you end result!

Google an image of this quote: "Don't give up what you want most for what you think you want today." Print it out, save it as your desktop on your computer, make it your home screen on your phone, wherever you think will bring you inspiration.

One day at a time, one day closer towards your goal.

Happy trails :)
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Just focus on one day at a time, and get back on track. Start somewhere, and keep adding "good" behaviors until you get where you want to go.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    You have to find what works for you.

I'm afraid of failure and being average- so to me the thought of doing what everyone else does- and being average or mediocre makes me try so much harder.

stop giving into that crappy scared voice inside of you- the one afraid of change.

You can do it- you are tougher than that- that corny "where there is a will there is a way"... totally spot on. seriously.

If you want it- you'll make it happen and nothing will stop you.

You CAN do it. I promise. :D
  • KristinNicole82
    KristinNicole82 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    you shouldn't look to others for motivation, look to them for inspiration. Dont do it because someone calls you out, do it because you want it.

CT Fletcher videos are always motivating for gym rats
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    According to your ticker, you are about half way to goal, don't throw your good progress away now. Time to set intermediate goals. To succeed you have to work both the eating and the exercising parts of the equation. I'm guessing that you are not working the exercise piece enough. Are you walking--walk farther. Are you running--run longer. Lifting--lift heavier. Maybe you should look for a fun run to enter or some other athletic milestone to focus on--when you are out exercising you are not available for pantry raids or self-loathing. Setting a calorie burn goal for the day or the week is a good way to increment up your exercise and relieve your eating issues (that we all have). I have found that when I exercise alot I don't have problems keeping my net calories in the green. Buy yourself a new workout outfit as a kickstart.

Oh, and quit whining!:wink:
  • Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Haha mulecanter, i was waiting for someone to send that quote back at me lol! Thx to everyone for ur responses :)). My problem is more with controlling my eating. But doing exercise after dinner would keep me from eating. Hmmm...i gotta do something different.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    If you cheat, you're only cheating yourself. Your bad food choices only hurt you in the end. I will tell you to knock that crap off though, you know what needs to be done, so quit shirking your responsibility, put on your big girl pants and get back to work.

Rigger
  • Sandytoes71
    Options
    Thx rigger!!
  • mystian
    Options
    I know i get discouraged easily - so don't let it happen to you. Brush your teeth often - LOL that keeps me from eating in the evenings sometimes.

And it really is true that nothing tastes better than the feeling you get when the scale goes in the right direction. Nothing.

Most of the time after I eat something it was pretty "meh" anyway. I keep airpopped low calorie popcorn around when I have to munch on something.

I feel like a new person when I'm 10 lbs lighter - you probably do too.
  • BanaB87
    Options
    Yeah you can gain your control back! You did it once, you just have to channel that and start it all up again. Remember what its all about. If its overall health or for being swim ready this summer. Get your goal back in mind and remember you've already done so much, pull it back together and get back on track.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Gotta love Riggers wisdom :-)
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Get one of Jillian Michaels DVD's, I personally love Ripped in 30, but Body revolution starts out a lot easier. She is funny and she will yell at you. A meal plan comes with it and it will give you a guideline of what is good, vs bad even if you don't follow it.
  • FindingMyPerfection
    Options
    You are in control now. You have been making the choice to over eat/not exercise.

Don't give me the I can't because...... You are always the one making your choices and as soon as you realize your power you will do what it takes to achieve the results you want.
  • Momto4minions
    Momto4minions Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Imagine yourself one year from now. Are you at goal? Are you the same? Heavier? What would that person say to you now? She would tell you that fighting for yourself is worth every darn second of it.
    Heavier you would be sad, disappointed and rightly pissed off.
    Thinner you would be proud and thank you...
    Now who the heck will you choose to be?
    Stop focusing on this moment and this challenge and this immediate gratification.
    Start looking at the big picture!
    This is your life, not just one meal or craving!
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Sandytoes, I noticed on your ticker that you lost 36lbs?? That is huge! You are also out of the 200's, so maybe your stall has more to do with dealing with the new you that you have become and are becoming. Often that can be scary. So let me share the first two verses of this poem called "Our Greatest Fear" that I love:

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
    Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
    It is our light, not our darkness
    That most frightens us.

We ask ourselves
    Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
    Actually, who are you not to be?
    You are a child of God.

Here's a link to the whole poem. http://explorersfoundation.org/glyphery/122.html
    Have a great Friday!
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Stop feeling sorry for yourself and get it together! You've already lost 30+ lbs so you know you CAN do it and you know HOW to do it. Eating when you're bored, stressed, etc. is the lazy way out. You owe it to yourself to not cheat, not quit and not settle for mediocre.

1. - Rid your house of all junk food, NOW! (dont eat it, throw or give it away)
    2. - If you feel the urge to snack, go for a walk, take a bath, do some situps, do some pushups, read a magazine, etc. ANYTHING to keep yourself from mindless eating. It may sound old-fashioned but a hobby like needlepoint, knitting or macrame WILL keep your hands and mind busy and not focused on snacking.
    3. - If you just can't resist snacking, keep fresh fruits and vegetables on hand. If salt is your thing, keep pretzels around but only in single-serving bags. You MUST resist the urge to eat more than one bag.
    4. - Take the stairs instead of the elevator, park at the back of the parking lot, walk instead of ride, force yourself to get 'bonus' exercise every chance you get.

Oh, and add me as a friend.
  • littleandysmom
    littleandysmom Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary.....I've found that when I start the day off with something sugary (cereal) it throws my whole day off. Maybe instead of cereal, you can eat eggs....protein. Eating more protein for me has really helped curb my appetite. You might also want to add "sugar" to your categories, so you have a better idea of how much sugar you're eating.

As far as exercise, when I don't feel like going to the gym, exercise class or hiking......I watch/workout to an exercise video on youtube. There are so many cool ones!

That's awesome about your weight loss! Congrats! You can do it!!
  • Sandytoes71
    Options
    Thx my fellow mfpers!!♡♡
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    My fav is you either want it or you don't....
  • WheezyFbb
    WheezyFbb Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You are not a helpless infant. You are a grown woman. You know the consequences of being obese and it's time to take some responsibility for yourself. Are you really going to tell me that a doughnut or hamburger is all it takes to overcome your resolve? No more excuses. You are stronger than that.