For Runners! Put more motivation and fun into your run.

Zombies, Run! is one of them. This one can be used on both iPhones and Android devices. Iy costs $3.99

What it is:
This app can be used on free runs, or a treadmill. It has a game attached that allows your runs to build up your base. You get missions with each run. Collecting items at certain milestones. It also makes you run faster at some points when it tells you there is a zombie hoarde on you and you have to outrun them.

You play your own music, and a guy comes over it, as if on a radio, with missions and updates. When your beiing chased by zombies, you can hear them.

There is also a 5K training app that can be used that follows the same thing but with the training in mind.

Here is the link:

https://www.zombiesrungame.com/

The next one is Cruise Control, and for iTunes only. This one is simpler, but also costs $4.99

If you have a compatible heart rate monitor to your device, it uses that. Otherwise, it uses GPS to track your speed and with increase the tempo of the music to encourage you to speed up or slow down. But, according to users, it does not ruin the songs.

Charity Miles

This one is cool. Make your running count for more then just you. Charity Miles teams up with organizations like Autism Speaks and more. Both bikers and runners can use it. Runners, you earn .25 towards your choice charity. Bikers, .10 for every mile.

And this one is free. Available on iPhone and Android devices. There is no reason to NOT use this.

And this next one is not an app, but is fun for those who are around the area. and this year it is in my homestate of Florida. Also New Jersey, and more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWvypj3ngfE

Coming to Florida in March, in Orlando, Tampa, and Tallahassee.

https://www.runfromhell.com/

It is an obstacle course/zombie run.

Replies

• I would LOVE to do a zombie run! They never seem to have them near me, and when they do they usually sell out right away.

I've looked at the Zombies, Run app a few times...I may just have to get it!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    I love Zombies, Run! - great way to spice up your running and get some random speed intervals in! Nothing makes you run faster than the sound of zoms closing in! :bigsmile:

If it's still only $3.99, grab it - regular price is $7.99.
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,661 Member
    I have the Zombie 5k training app, and I love it. My phone isn't smart enough for the full version, and I am seriously considering getting a new phone just so that I can use Zombies, Run!

If the full version is even similar (and it sounds like it would be BETTER) it is a bargain even at $7.99. And I am a cheapskate.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Price drop today - just saw a post that they've got a HUGE sale going! Zombies, Run! is only $1.99 (reg $7.99), Zombies 5k Training is only 99¢, and The Walk is $1.99.

Don't know how long the sale lasts - but if you've been thinking about getting any of these, now's the time! :bigsmile:
  • TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    Thanks for the note, AmyRhubarb. I have and really like Zombies, Run! and have been keeping an eye on The Walk.

Zombies, Run! is probably the best running app I have in terms of motivation. Just a genius app.

My favorite overall running app in terms of tracking things is iSmoothRun. It does EVERYTHING and does it well. I really like the cadence warning it has, which really helps me keep my form strong towards the end of a run. It will dampen the music and play a metronome if you go below your desired cadence. Or it will always be on if you want that. Just a tremendous app for running, IMO.