Protein Ideas

Having a hard time with making good, low calorie, low sugar drinks out of protein powder.. Any ideas would be helpful, I just need to get in all my protein everyday and quit running short! Even food ideas, I just need my protein!!!

Replies

• Tdacks
    Tdacks Posts: 136 Member
    What are your dietary restrictions? Vegetarian, no dairy, no soy...?

This topic comes up a lot, too. You might try searching the forum.

I'm not a big fan of protein powder in drinks, so I go with milk and peanut butter to add protein. Neither of those are low calorie, though.

Yesterday I rounded out my protein with a filet of tilapia.
  • Not vegan or anything, I can eat anything its just hard to get it all in! I have a hectic life and cant exactly eat a chicken breast at every meal lol
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 531 Member
    Don't know what ay of your goals are but my morning drink consists of 1/2 scoop chocolate Body Fortress protein powder (15g), 1/2 c So Delicious unsweetened almond milk with 2X protein (5 g) & 1 c cold coffee. That gives you 20 g to start the day. Sometimes I add peanut butter or PB2 and whir it up in my nutra bullet. Throughout the day my go-to's are greek yogurt, cottage cheese, omelets, avocados, nuts, quest protein bars and of course all the usual suspects such as ground turkey, chicken, fish of all kinds, beef on occasion like maybe once or twice a month (I just don't prefer it but it is an excellent protein source). Don't know if any of that helps or not. You could also Google" foods high in protein" for a list and see what strikes your particular fancy.
  • Tdacks
    Tdacks Posts: 136 Member
    You could add your protein powder to this smoothie I sometimes make:

Oatmeal, flax, soymilk, yogurt, blueberries, blackberries, cardamom spice and cinnamon spice.
  • Add greek yogurt to your protein shake. Gives it a thicker texture and a boost of protein, and 0 fat (if you get the 0% fat one). I eat Fage Greek yogurt.

Other protein ideas: lentils, beans, oatmeal.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Put the protein powder in greek yogurt. A guy I know who lost a lot of weight and does body building likes that a lot.

I really like chocolite bars for protein and fiber. About 10g protein, 10g fiber, 100 calories, sugar free, gluten free....My favorite is the triple chocolate fudge - followed by a close second: cookies and cream.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Vita Whey by Vita Source is tasteless and dissolves completely. You can mix it with pretty much anything. I love it--most versatile protein powder ever! :)