Nothing satisfies

Options
A few days in eating healthy again and I have hit the wall of irrational hunger. Nothing will satisfy me and I don't know what to do. I am drinking plenty of water and my macros are all spot on. Any suggestions?

Replies

• megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Protein will probably help. Extra protein is nearly always a good idea...and helps keep you satisfied.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating? I found that back in the days were I would have super low calories I would be compliant for about a week before bingeing and wanting to eat everything in sight...

Maybe try a snack with protein and fat in it, some water or herbal tea and then reassess how you feel
  • jimjamsjet
    jimjamsjet Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am currently on around 2000 calories. I am probably eating too much protein as it is and am drinking about 3-4 litres of water a day anyway.
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Get started here : http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

If you just started healthy and reduced your intake to 2000 cals, I am guessing you were eating much more before. If you could get an idea of how much you were eating before, you could subtract a few 100 cals from that amount every week, until your reach your TDEE - 20%, so that your body will get used to the lower, but healthy calorie intake.

You could also open up your diary so that we could suggest any changes...
  • LissaK1981
    LissaK1981 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I am gonna say evil words every one will freak out about but....I use a suppressant to help me for night cravings to start. Its called Adicor by katalyst. I like only one a day in the afternoon. I think it reccomends up to 6 a day which is insane IMO. They help curb my insatiable hunger and then after a week I don't need em after I re-adjust to eating good again. I wouldn't do them long term but they help to start for a little boost.