People keep eating my free time

Options
I don't work until the afternoon, so I *should* have a ton of time to work out, and normally I do.

Except a client needs me to do some ancillary work for two days.
Except my mom wants me to sleep over at her house 40 miles from me so I can drive her to the airport (that is only a few miles away from her house)
Except my business needs to launch its new advertising campaign and I'm elbow-deep in ad design and corrections.
Except I have to drive my rescue 45 miles to her pre-paid vet treatments.
Except my dog's chest is all broken out in red blisters from her mange treatment, and I have to spend a lot of time with her every day working on her skin.
Except my other dog is injured and has to be protected from the others.

I know all of this will pass, but I hate missing so many days of working out. It was bad enough when I was sick through the second half of January.

Replies

• GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Do 10 minutes of HIIT.
  • teachthal
    teachthal Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Lucky you, your clients are giving you business.
    Lucky you, you are lucky to have your mom in your life and she still wants to see you.
    Lucky you, you're starting a new business- imagine the possibilities!
    Lucky you, you don't have to pay the vet.
    Lucky you, you still have your animals, I just put my furry friend of 14 years down and I miss her dearly.

Quit *****in so much and be grateful for what you have in life. Maybe then you'll stop making excuses and realize that all you need is 30 minutes a day for a short and sweet workout. Then you'll be energized and ready to take on your day.
  • amberflo143
    amberflo143 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Why not work out in the morning and get it over with and hopefully no one will bother you!
  • iwantmydenimback
    iwantmydenimback Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Lucky you, your clients are giving you business.
    Lucky you, you are lucky to have your mom in your life and she still wants to see you.
    Lucky you, you're starting a new business- imagine the possibilities!
    Lucky you, you don't have to pay the vet.
    Lucky you, you still have your animals, I just put my furry friend of 14 years down and I miss her dearly.

Quit *****in so much and be grateful for what you have in life. Maybe then you'll stop making excuses and realize that all you need is 30 minutes a day for a short and sweet workout. Then you'll be energized and ready to take on your day.
    Basically. There are 24 hours in every day. So your mornings are busy? Work out before you go to bed, take a hot shower, and hit the sack. Problem solved. Alternatively, get up early, take some time for yourself, and then "go to work" earlier in the day and deal with your other responsibilities. I repeat, problem solved.
  • Fitburd
    Fitburd Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    There are 1440 minutes in a day.... you only need 30 to make a workout count.

This pretty much sounds like one of my weeks I have 4 kids and a full time job plus I'm studying. It's taken me 2 years to be able to get a workout and 5k a day in. If anything is added to my workload I get up earlier to get to the gym or workout at home in the evening

You can do this
  • riginthering
    Options
    I am totally *****ing. Because this is the community board and the "Motivation and Support" forum. Anyone asking for motivation is technically *****ing.

I'm sorry you had to recently put down your friend. My oldest dog is injured, and its taking me through all sorts of nightmare scenarios. My younger dog is 15 months old and in grand health. The foster dog with the mange treatment is 6 months old, and was found tied to a pole and half-starved. She is beautiful and sweet, but if we can't get her immune system under control, she may not be able to find a forever home.

The HIIT is actually constructive advice. Thanks, GiGiBeans!
  • riginthering
    Options
    Why not work out in the morning and get it over with and hopefully no one will bother you!

I normally do. I have 2 hours of morning workout blocked out, but these two weeks I just hit the ground running, and its ugly.