How much has your shoe size changed along the way?

Options
Especially for those that lost a bunch and got to their goal weight. How much smaller are dem feet?

Was just thinking "since I'm on my way to lose 80 lbs this year, maybe I shouldn't go crazy on buying a bunch of shoes"

Replies

• size10wannabe85
    Options
    first time i lost weight i lost 6stone and i dropped one shoe size.. i've since put 4stone of that back on and my feet are still a 7.. i wouldnt go mad and buy any yet.. unless you just like buying shoes then batter in :)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I've lost 45ish lbs and lost about 1/2 a shoe size so far. I don't plan on buying any more shoes until I hit my goal weight.
  • Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Iv gone down a shoe or to size down.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I went from a 15 to a 12 by losing about 100lbs. I could probably fit into an 11 or 11.5 easy, I went a little too conservative.
  • From 9 to 8. My flats are flipping out, can't wear them anymore, too big.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize that people were losing shoe sizes. I never even thought of it. Kinda cool. Congratulations, people! :drinker:
  • littlelexical
    littlelexical Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Have lost 38kg (approx 83lb) and dropped a shoe size... (ladies 10 to a 9) I still have a long way to go though - but it sucks... I loved my shoes, it was the one thing i liked about my 'wardrobe' - sigh.
  • Sharkington
    Options
    I started off around 160 and am where I want to be weight wise now, for the most part. I used to be a size 8 - 8.5 and now wear a size 7-7.5, so...I lost about a size after losing aprox. 40 pounds.
  • Kiyalynn
    Kiyalynn Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize that people were losing shoe sizes. I never even thought of it. Kinda cool. Congratulations, people! :drinker:

Yeah I've never heard of shoe sizes changing lol... I always have thought that your feet kinda stay what they grow to. Kinda interesting that some people have had shoe size changes.

I'm not sure mine will change at all tho, they don't look like they have much 'fat' on them... and I've worn a size 8 shoe for at least the past 10 years.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I lost half a size. Maybe a little more.

It's one of those things that never occurred to me regarding weight loss. None of my old shoes fit.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Dropped from a size 9 to a 7 1/2. I'm making due with the shoes I have now until I'm down another 30 lbs then its sneaker and shoe shopping time.
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    You know, in high school we learned a math formula for determining how much weight one would have to gain to alter their shoe size. If I could find it, it could reversed to see how much weight one would have to lose to determine their "goal weight shoe size." Hmm... research!
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I just to look for wide width which I don't have to so anymore but still the same size. I'm also only about half way to goal
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I used to wear an 8.5 wide width...I bought an 8 wide last week...it's a bit loose...perhaps a 7.5 wide width or even just an 8.
  • moylek
    moylek Posts: 27
    Options
    I lost 40lbs (5'10" male) and dropped nearly half a size. I started having to wear heavier socks with some shoes, and there was one slightly-too-big pair of boots that I had to get inserts for.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Mine haven't changed one bit.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Went from a size 9 to a size 8 and had to buy all new shoes/boots :tongue: I've lost almost 60lbs.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Went from an 8 to a 7 (Canadian/US sizing).
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    From a size 12 to size 11, sometimes 10 in some shoes.