got to loose 2.5 stone by the end of the year.

Options
Hi there,
I would be grateful of tips and hints or helps that have helped help you keep up motivation and stay on track. I lost about 1 and a half stone about 4 years ago, and I looked and felt great. So now I have been on and off the wagon for a little while. The thing that finally made me make the decision to do something about my weight, was when I decided to buy a new dress for Christmas, and I could only fit into a size 16 - 18. I was not too impressed with myself, but I was mostly disappointed that I had not noticed myself getting that way. I liked walking, and did have a cross trainer, but it is now in the basement, due to a move, and then I could not find all the bits to reassemble it. so here I am, and I know there is no simple answers.

Replies

• anwylyd_un
    anwylyd_un Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    35 lbs over a year is very achievable, set your goal to 1 lb a week lost and follow the plan mfp gives you. Once you are down to about 15 lbs left to lose, adjust that plan to 0.5 lbs a week to finish the job off.

It will take time, but it will be a lasting change unlike going all out to lose weight aggressively.

Log every day, weigh in every couple of weeks, and take your measurements every couple of weeks. Your motivation will come from seeing those numbers tracking down. Ultimately, you are the only one who can motivate you, but the forums are a great place to talk to people on a similar journey.

All the best.
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    My fav thing to tell people is to find an activity you like instead of one you "have to do". I love running so I do that the most. I don't mind ab exercises in the early am when it's quiet and the house is dark. I consider them meditation so I do them second most. But I don't limit myself. If I want to ride my bike because it's a gorgeous day, I do it. If I want to dance in the bedroom to whatever music video is on, I do it. If I want to walk for an hour slowly instead of fast just to enjoy the freaking ducks, I do it!

Find what you like and do it :smile:

Best of luck!
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    The thing that finally made me make the decision to do something about my weight, was when I decided to buy a new dress for Christmas, and I could only fit into a size 16 - 18.

Me too. I am the same.

If you enjoy walking then do that. Zumba is also great fun.
  • zariana88
    Options
    Thanks for the post, and yeah Zumba, will have to try that sometime if I can find a local class. Better still, do you recommend it on the wii? I did see it in the shop not so long ago, so wondering if an 'at home session' would help.
  • zariana88
    Options
    Hi Leslisa, yeah, I love your idea of doing something that you feel inspired to do rather than the 'got to do it' way. Having said that though, I have had some luck with a pilates bar, I get to do that on the days that I don't run or walk. When I have been training for running in the past, when I was fitter, I listened to my body more. I did go through a phase of being so determined that getting fit was going to make me feel better than I did, that I was pushing myself too hard, and became ill. I wont be going there again! Thanks for the advice and if you want to leave me any more helpful tips please feel free. :happy: and a huge thanks to the people who do post something on here, I am so grateful, gives me a boost! :tongue:
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    What does 'loose 2.5 stone' mean?