Foods that burn tummy fat

Options
Hi..
I am desperate to burn tummy fat and the fat on my waist (Muffin top) I have been doing exercise and I jog every morning, but I do have a time limit, which is the 1 March to have dropped as much tummy and waist fat (I have my first wedding dress fitting) What are the foods I need to be eating to burn tummy fat? I have heard that celery is good, and obviously on the internet every site says something different. Please help!!

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as a tummy fat burning food, or spot reducing, sorry to say. There is calories in/calories out. Don't believe the garbage Dr Oz and the sidebar ads peddle, it's a load of crap.

Sorry.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    You get different results on your search because that's not how it works. Calorie deficit works. You should have started earlier. I would suggest doing resistance training. But to worry about it 3 weeks before well sorry that's just poor planning.

Good luck
  • HannahAliHealth
    HannahAliHealth Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I wish there is food or exercise that burn specific area in the body but there is nothing support that! I believe drinking green tea with ginger powder and lemon could help!
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as a tummy fat burning food, or spot reducing, sorry to say. There is calories in/calories out. Don't believe the garbage Dr Oz and the sidebar ads peddle, it's a load of crap.

Sorry.

Agreed you can't decide where the fat comes from (it's like taking water from a pond).

If you want to help the process do some resistance training Squats, deadlifts, push ups, pull up - the plank is a great one.

Keep your abs tight through the exercises (work your core), keep with it an it will happen.
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Hey, congrats on the wedding! I bet you have a hell of a lot to do atm with planning :) is this dress fitting your final one?

You can't "burn" tummy fat - you need to lose fat overall, and it'll come off of wherever it likes - with a calorie deficit though it'll eventually come off of your body. Maybe you'll be lucky and it'll come off of your tummy first. Like Jwhite suggests though, doing some weight training will help you change your shape, I found heavy weights, low reps quickly changed my body shape :)

Good luck!!
  • June_Bride
    Options
    I started while ago and have lost quite a bit of weight already, just still dont feel happy with my tummy/waist area..
  • June_Bride
    Options
    Thanks I'll definitely give that a try..
  • bkjk997
    bkjk997 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Agreed you can't decide where the fat comes from (it's like taking water from a pond).

Great analogy!
  • June_Bride
    Options
    Hey, congrats on the wedding! I bet you have a hell of a lot to do atm with planning :) is this dress fitting your final one?

You can't "burn" tummy fat - you need to lose fat overall, and it'll come off of wherever it likes - with a calorie deficit though it'll eventually come off of your body. Maybe you'll be lucky and it'll come off of your tummy first. Like Jwhite suggests though, doing some weight training will help you change your shape, I found heavy weights, low reps quickly changed my body shape :)

Good luck!!

Thanks :) No, it is my first fitting... But the dress style is Mermaid and I really wanna look good in it.. I'll try what you suggested.. at this point I'll try anything, lol.. :) Thanks!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Spanx! :D Worked wonders at my wedding, LOL
  • satishpendse
    satishpendse Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I agree with whatever said here with regard to burning total fat thru calorie deficit creation as against expecting to burn it in a specific area. Exercises suggested by friends are good for an attempt to get the fat come out first. One more exercise that can get added is crunches.

Tummy fat is gathered over years (or decades). Don't expect it to come out during a few days. Consistent effort of at least a couple of years in terms of calorie deficit creation and exercises such as push-ups, pull-ups, crunches etc. is required to achieve that.

So relax and don't get into over expectation mode. Enjoy your wedding and keep the process of tummy fat reduction as a continuous one.
  • June_Bride
    Options
    Spanx! :D Worked wonders at my wedding, LOL

Hahahaha... Thats a plan :)
  • Hannah7783
    Hannah7783 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Honestly, don't worry about looking good in your dress - you will! They are designed to make us look insanely amazing! My trouble spots are my arms, so I spent a lot of time playing with the straps to get the most flattering look, and my lower tummy area, which I was really worried would stick out and look all round in my dress. It didn't! Not because I was particularly thin, but because the dresses are made with such structuring that they pull you in and push you out in all the right places!

Have an amazing time at your fitting - its so fun! And also have a great wedding day!! Its honestly the best day ever!!

Hannah x
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Thanks :) No, it is my first fitting... But the dress style is Mermaid and I really wanna look good in it.. I'll try what you suggested.. at this point I'll try anything, lol.. :) Thanks!

Tbh, I'm sure you'll look amazing either way - these dresses are made to make us look good xD I'm sure by the final fitting you'll see a real difference anyway - I'd suggest keeping a photo record of your shape changing, I bet you'll be surprised how it does over the weeks and months (maybe even years) to come :)

ETA: and totally with the "spanx" :laugh:
  • NatalieG525
    NatalieG525 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about trying Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred? That might help you?
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options

Tbh, I'm sure you'll look amazing either way - these dresses are made to make us look good xD I'm sure by the final fitting you'll see a real difference anyway - I'd suggest keeping a photo record of your shape changing, I bet you'll be surprised how it does over the weeks and months (maybe even years) to come :)

ETA: and totally with the "spanx" :laugh:

DO they do spanx for men - they sound fab.
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Squats really do work. You won't believe it until you give it a try. They give you that lower back/upper booty curve that looks so hot in a deess, and if you shed fat at the same time, you booty will go up. I've been doing them for a month and I love the results. You don't have to do the squats challenge to set results, just do as many as you can with good form. When you can do 30 or so easily without feelingich burn, at some weighs. It doesn't have to be the bar. I got results with two 8 lb weights, but I'm working my ways up. They also work you abs. I also feel major burn in my abs when I do push-ups and when I walk briskly with weights on the treadmill.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    no such thing as food that burns tummy fat…

also, you cannot spot reduce, fat comes off from where it wants, when it wants..

My suggestion ..eat in calorie deficit, life heavy, watch macros and you will get to where you want to go...
  • June_Bride
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice.. you're all awesome and I will try everything suggested :smile: