Add ins to your water

Options
I don't like drinking just water. What are people adding to your water to help boost water intake?

Replies

• ryah1269
    Options
    My favorite is unpeeled cucumber slices. Sounds strange by it's really good!
  • calicutie05
    calicutie05 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    lemonade crystal light i can spare 5 cal and a carb for one drink.... i add it to seltzer water yum...
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Chopped up kiwi fruit; or
    parsley, grapefruit, lemon and cucumber in a large jug;
    or just plain cucumber
  • FJDodd
    FJDodd Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Crystal Light has low calorie (5 calories each) powders you can add to water. Some have added vitamins etc. I log the water, then log the packet into my foods. I also drink a lot of unsweetened iced tea.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I don't add anything to mine but one thing that has really helped me is figuring out HOW I like water. I like it from a glass or a plastic reusable cup with lid & straw, and always at refrigerator-cool temperature. NOT ice water and NOT room temp.

For years I was drinking ice water which gave me the feeling of heartburn, or room temp bottled water. I thought I hated drinking water.
  • LaurenDanielle014
    LaurenDanielle014 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    lemons lots and lots of lemons :)
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Mio - Berry Pomegranate
  • sonofebbe
    Options
    I drink a lot of tea (black). Does that even count as water? boiled water?
  • kimdyj
    kimdyj Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Mio - Cranberry Raspberry ^_^
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    A slice of lemon!
  • LeighTaylor97
    LeighTaylor97 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I don't add anything to mine but one thing that has really helped me is figuring out HOW I like water. I like it from a glass or a plastic reusable cup with lid & straw, and always at refrigerator-cool temperature. NOT ice water and NOT room temp.

+1

I don't like drinking room temp water. But I have a set 4 of water bottles (28-32 oz each) in the fridge all the time. Just keep a bottle with you even when you don't think you are thirsty. You may just start drinking a little bit. But that will increase over time. Then you will be able to drink it no problem.

Worked for me anyway.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I don't like drinking just water. What are people adding to your water to help boost water intake?

I steep mine with the roasted and ground seeds from shrubs of the genus coffea
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Ice
  • PolacaFL
    PolacaFL Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of tea (black). Does that even count as water? boiled water?

Yes, your tea is flavored water. Even juicy fruits like oranges have water.

I drink lots of plain waterr because it doesn't have sugar like most drinks.
  • dxc92
    dxc92 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    A dash of diluting juice does the trick for me :-)
  • labtech666
    labtech666 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Just a slice of lemon
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Plain and sparking sometimes for a change. I use my Soda Stream machine. No flavours needed just bubbly water! So nice.