Progresso 100 cal soups??

Options
Has anyone ate this or used it in your diet... I know soups are salty a bit an curious to know if these soups would be okay in my diet ? Thanks

Replies

• aNewYear123
    aNewYear123 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    They are tasty. I sometimes grab a can to bring in to work for lunch when I am in a hurry.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I eat Progresso Light soups all the time, but remember this... If it's advertised as 100 cal at first glance, a can actually has 2 servings.
  • LeGaCyGiAnT124
    LeGaCyGiAnT124 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I see no problem with them.

I would much rather make homemade chicken noodle though anyday.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I like Campbell's Chunky.....some of the broth based ones are pretty reasonable.

Whatever you choose.......look for a decent protein & fiber count to help keep you full. Fat also keeps you full.....I usually have a small salad with my soup )...for added fat.
  • HawaiianGoddess
    Options
    Thanks all... anyone know if there's alot of sodium in progresso light?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Thanks all... anyone know if there's alot of sodium in progresso light?

All canned soups have a lot of sodium. Unless you have medical issues.....don't worry.....just drink lots of water.

Also......you can change your settings in MFP to track something besides sodium......I don't track sugar (for example).......but I do track fiber. You can customize it for you.
  • HawaiianGoddess
    Options
    Oh ok thank you!
  • cmhayes40
    cmhayes40 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Progresso Chicken and Cheese enchilada soup - Its very yummy! 80 calories per cup.
  • HawaiianGoddess
    Options
    Thanks for the tip:)
  • mjsmamma
    mjsmamma Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I could eat the Progresso Light Santa Fe Style Chicken every day. But I decided to quit eating processed food. I am still trying to recreate the taste. It is yummy.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I love them. I tend to throw in some frozen broccoli for extra veggie servings and bulk.
  • HealthyMakeover
    HealthyMakeover Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love them!
  • gbpacker001
    gbpacker001 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I love them also. I usually eat the whole can though because 1 cup does not fill me up. I try to limit them to 3 times a week for sodium sake. Have a side salad with some ff dressing and it is a great low calorie lunch once in awhile!
  • angelamangus1
    angelamangus1 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I eat them from time to time and I like the Light Zesty vegetable, Meatball, chicken noodle, and clam chowder. There is a TON of sodium in one container, so I try to not eat them too often!