Wii Zumba

Options
Has anyone tried the new Wii Zumba? I saw an ad for it and it looks like fun. Is it worth the investment?

Replies

• trish1215
    Options
    I haven't tried it yet..We have the Xbox Kinnect and my friends you have been to Zumba classes told me I probably shouldn't buy it because it is a complicated workout. They said I would probably get frustrated since I was not in a class with an instructor. I am still tempted to try it tho. Sorry I couldn't be more help!
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    I just ordered it off of Amazon and should have it within the next week or so. I love Zumba classes and the DVD. Even with instructors some people don't get the steps right ... but they still really enjoy it. You just have to "feel the music" and keep moving. I can't wait to try out the game. It will give me a good excuse to dust off my wii game.
    zumba_love.jpg
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I took a live zumba class and the moves can be difficult to catch at first. But I am sure with the Wii it will be easy enough to catch up or put on a certain level.
  • Elaine_NZ
    Options
    Im looking to buy the Wii Zumba but we dont have it in NZ that I know of yet! I do Zumba at the gym but would love to have the wii zumba at home for my days off from the gym! It looks like so much fun!
  • Elaine_NZ
    Options
    I took a live zumba class and the moves can be difficult to catch at first. But I am sure with the Wii it will be easy enough to catch up or put on a certain level.

It does get easier the more you do it, Ive been doing it for 2 months & I still have two left feet on some of the moves & now they're are bringing out new moves & songs so your constantly starting again & learning something!!
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    I really want to try the Wii version.
    I'm an introvert and prefer to embarrass myself in my own home with the blinds closed as opposed to taking a class.
    I looked up Zumba on YouTube last week and it looks like a lot of fun.
  • ShelleyBr0wn
    ShelleyBr0wn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Don't know about the Wii Zumba, but I can tell you the Wii Dance (they have just brought out Wii Dance 2) is also very good for building up a sweat!! My daughter has it and I think it is good interval training (4mins exercise for each song to build up heart rate and when you are choosing your next song your heart rate drops) my sister is a nurse and advises interval training to aid good weight loss, anyway by the time you have done about 5-6 songs I am usually knackered, but choose the high effort tracks!! Oh and by the way make sure the curtains are closed, not like me going for it with my daughter and realising that I had an audience outside!! Mortified........:blushing:
  • Fit2_T
    Fit2_T Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I've tried the Wii version and I like it. Keep in mind I have only seen Zumba (visited a class) and I am a novice at any exercise/dance videos. I'm not very coordinated and I got frustrated with it at first. Then I put it in again (with a better attitude) and I think I mimic the moves well enough to get a good workout and enjoy it. It seems fast in places, but I am new to this and since I am in my own living room I don't care if I miss a step or 2 or 3 or 4... I know that I will eventually get it.

It comes with a Zumba belt that holds the Wii remote while you dance. The belt closes with Velcro and is 50 inches long. I am a size 14 and it fit comfortably, but it seemed to slip on me. I didn't wear it while I exercised/danced. I think it allows you to score points, which wasn't important to me.

It has a tutorial that shows the moves for the dance styles. It was nice and slow which was good for me, but then it started jumping around (almost like it was skipping like an old album would). The dancer would be slooooow and then jump to a new step then be going really fast within a matter of seconds. I thought maybe I was moving the Wii remote around but realized it was sitting on the couch. Not sure if this is a "bug" or user error (I'm guessing user error :laugh: ). And this only happened in the Tutorial section so I'm not too worried about it.

I'm sure it has a lot more features than what I listed, but I haven't used it much yet. I can't tell you if it is worth it to an intermediate or pro Zumba dancer. I like it and I think it will feel like fun instead of exercising.

Teresa
  • HidyleDidyle
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies. I've never actually tried Zumba yet, but think that it looks like great fun. I too have my own living room gym and am often on the lookout for something different to try, to keep motivation up and just to exercise different ways. I think that I may have to give this a try if I can find it!
  • Fit2_T
    Fit2_T Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I ordered mine from Amazon.
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    I ordered this earlier this week from Amazon ... IT GOT HERE TODAY!!!! YAY YAY YAY. I only had the chance to try out some of the tutorial because we rented a few movies and the hubby wants to watch them ... but what I did so far seems like fun. I've got a bit of a sweat going on already. I'll let you know how it is as I use it more. I can't believe how fast it got here ... thank you Amazon!!!
  • sherry_80
    sherry_80 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am interested in this too, i have the wii, i dont have any of the dance games, i think i played it once, when we bought it, and then dropped it, i dont like the remote.
    My husband wants to buy the xbox 360, kinect, just because you dont need remotes, the kids can play it. it looks easier to understand.
    before i go spending money i want to know to which one is better, i really dont care for the wii. its not user friendly.
    I have the zumba dvd's, and i got right away, it wasnt hard for me. i do the cardio party with 3 Ib. weights.

All my kids like to dance, anything that is easy to follow they can do. but remotes they will not use.
    Kids are 6, 4, and 3.
  • juliabranstetter
    Options
    I have zumba for the wii. I dont do it perfectly and Im not after a perfect score. With that being said a 20 min workout has me sweating. Just have fun with it.