Help :(

Options
2»

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i wondered if that was the case, i am doing a sponsored spinathon tomorrow and have booked a body pump class next week so might see if that boosts it.

i dont think i have done the 21 in 6 weeks too unhealthily as i have had a couple of days where i have had things like chinese (within cals) and ive been trying to eat my exercise calories too. i did worry that it was coming off to fast but its been more like 2lb or 1lb the last two weeks :)

i would definietly look into some strength/resistance training to try and preserve some muscle mass or you probably wont like the end result very much!
  • Emilygracemcmullen
    Options
    do you mean i will have saggy skin or il be fat still but toneder :P
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I think your issues may be related more to diet than to exercise. It looks like you're pretty consistently under your daily protein goals. If you're extremely active, it's really important to make sure you get enough protein. You might think about switching out the cereal you're having for breakfast for eggs or yogurt to help you get more protein early in the day. Also, you might want to try to eat more Greek yogurt, which is higher in protein than other yogurt.

You eat a lot of packaged foods. They have a lot of sodium in them, which can make it seem like you've stopped losing weight when really you're retaining water. Some of your entries for packaged can't possibly be correct (salted crisps have 0 sodium? probably not), so make sure you're double checking the nutrition info on the package vs. what the MFP database says.

The closer you get to your goal, the more slowly you'll lose weight. It's frustrating, but you have to trust in the process and keep working hard.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    If you lose 82 lbs too fast, you might have some saggy skin for a while. But it might tighten back up if you give it time.

If you lose 82 lbs too fast, you will lose muscle, nerve and bone tissue.

If you lose 82 lbs too fast, you might become anemic or develop another malnutrition disorder.

If you chronically eat under your BMR, you might do long-term damage to your metabolic balances.

Congratulations on the weight loss, keep it up. You might just want to make sure to only lose 1-1.5 lbs. per week, though. Would you rather be a glowing skin and hair size 10 at your wedding? Or a wrinkly-face and neck, pale, pasty, thin-haired size 6?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    i wondered if that was the case, i am doing a sponsored spinathon tomorrow and have booked a body pump class next week so might see if that boosts it.

i dont think i have done the 21 in 6 weeks too unhealthily as i have had a couple of days where i have had things like chinese (within cals) and ive been trying to eat my exercise calories too. i did worry that it was coming off to fast but its been more like 2lb or 1lb the last two weeks :)
    It also may just be that you had that initial honeymoon period where your body lets go of a lot of water. Most (not all) people lose bigger amounts the first few weeks. 1 to 2 pounds a week is healthy and normal and what you should be losing.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    do you mean i will have saggy skin or il be fat still but toneder :P

saggy skin is more genetic, you may or may not have it, you cant really tell.

you will be smaller but still squishy. if you do strength/resistance training you will look more 'toned' as you lose weight
  • Emilygracemcmullen
    Options
    Thanks for all these great replies. feeling really positive about it all and have some useful things to think about.
  • Emilygracemcmullen
    Options
    even worse this week :( stayed the same :(
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    even worse this week :( stayed the same :(

its one week... if ts the same in 4 weeks then you need to look at your numbers, one week is just normal fluctuations. ignore it and carry on!
  • Woodster83
    Woodster83 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Are you eating all your exercise calories back? Maybe it's overestimating them a bit?

How about carbs? I know if I eat too many carbs my weight loss slows down a lot, especially in the form of pre-made meals, they seem to really make me stop losing weight.

Are you having rest days from exercising?

Stick with it! I know it's disappointing but if you know you are doing everything mostly right then you KNOW it will start to come off soon again.

Try measuring your body fat, I go to a shop here in the UK and get measured every month or so, might keep you motivated?
  • Woodster83
    Woodster83 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your diary, you didn't log Sunday at all?

Also, everything is (sorry to be rude) crap food. I'm no angel, and I have a lot to lose too, but I think that's where your problem is.

Do you like cooking? Try making some stuff from scratch.

Good luck!
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I looked at a few days of your diary and your protein seems low for your activity level. You should try to get 1g of protein per lb of lean body mass. Also you are not drinking enough water so you are probably retaining water, sound counter intuitive but you need enough water for your muscles to recover. The rule of thumb is 8 glasses a day, I drink a gallon a day (16 glasses) of water or clear fluids like unsweetened tea, or will occasionally add some lemon or orange into my water for a little flavor, even the crystal light or other flavors. I also don't see a lot of fruits or vegetables in your diet.

I am nowhere close eating healthy or "clean", etc. so if you want look at my diary, not yesterday because I have the flu but go back.

If you don't want to eat your exercise calories back then follow the TDEE method, it gives you a set number of calories a day that already includes exercise calories. You can set your deficit at TDEE - 20% and eat that number. Here is a good calculator http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

When you swim are you doing different strokes? If not start to challenge different muscles. Also start incorporating strength training if you have not to preserve lean body mass because it helps you burn more calories throughout the day.