3 week stall out

Options
morning everyone. i am back to mfp after having my second baby. after my first i was steadily losing a pound a week eating whatever i liked at my calorie tdee -20% and incline walking on treadmill.
this time around i cant walk on my treadmill because my toddler is too curious of it i dont want him to get hurt.
this time i ate at a deficit until i could excersize again. i was losing 1-2 lbs a week. the last 3 weeks have been dreadful. i am not nursing but i pump my breastmilk 3-4 times every 24 hrs.
i am stuck at 174-175 or 3 weeks.
i just started T25 this past monday, with the modifier.
should i clean up my diet?
i think my diary is open.
thank you!

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    well to start with you aren't weighing all your food.

1/2 cup of brown rice...

Some of your entries are a bit leary as well such as your lunch yesterday...John's Grilled chicken 1.5oz 49 calories??? that is not accurate. 1.5oz of chicken can range from 69-89 depending on how it is cooked...

The key to logging accuracy is weighing solids, using measuring cups/spoons for liquids (mayo and jam are not liquids) and choosing the correct entry.

Entries that start with an * or Generic or Homemade etc are user entered and no guarantee that they are correct.

As well if you are a breast feeding mom you probably need more calories due to the fact that breast feeding requires 300-500 calories a day so you are netting under 1000 calories based on what I see even on the days that you are at 1500 with exercise and breast feeding...there is an entry for breast feeding that gives negative calories that you need to eat back.

Other things there are days where you logged 700 calories...if that's all you ate you need more food but I suspect you didn't log everything...
  • Stephiestephs
    Stephiestephs Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have no problem weighing things except that everyone preaches to weigh food and then when I look for that food in the database there are ONLY cup measurements so then I weighed it ate it and can't find a weight in the database.
    I hate this database it seems that the only things that are accurate in here are food that come with a label. How the heck am I supposed to know that the grilled chicken in here is wrong?
    Plus the breast feeding thing isn't true for envy one, I ate about 3-500 extra with my first and I gained weight
    I appreciate your response though, thank you
    Could you advise me how to know which entries in here are correct and how to fine weighted measurements, I gave up by the time I looked for brown rice because it was getting annoying
  • Stephiestephs
    Options
    Oh and 700 days I probably was so tired I passed out
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Yep the database is not always accurate. I know it is a pain in the butt, but to make sure I was getting accurate counts, I finally resorted to entering things myself after I had weighed them. Especially if it was an item I ate frequently. That way I could easily pull it from my recent foods.
  • Stephiestephs
    Options
    how do you enter say grilled chicken if you don't have nutritional label for it
  • SezxyStef
    Options

When I am logging I always look for the USDA counts first...or non * marked. Those do have all sorts of measurments from cup to grams etc. Choose the one you want and enter your serving.

If there isn't one I choose a non "generic" and non "homemade" one...check the confirmations and if it is over 25-50 I use that one.

If I can't find one I think it good I google it...edit an existing entry which then goes into the tab of "my foods"
  • Synamin
    Synamin Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    morning everyone. i am back to mfp after having my second baby. after my first i was steadily losing a pound a week eating whatever i liked at my calorie tdee -20% and incline walking on treadmill.
    this time around i cant walk on my treadmill because my toddler is too curious of it i dont want him to get hurt.
    this time i ate at a deficit until i could excersize again. i was losing 1-2 lbs a week. the last 3 weeks have been dreadful. i am not nursing but i pump my breastmilk 3-4 times every 24 hrs.
    i am stuck at 174-175 or 3 weeks.
    i just started T25 this past monday, with the modifier.
    should i clean up my diet?
    i think my diary is open.
    thank you!

Do you have a history of any eating disorders? Pump purging is one of those diet behaviors that can really screw up your body.
  • Stephiestephs
    Options
    What is pump purging. Last baby i gained weight eating extra cals for breast feeding. No I don't have an history of eating disorders. Usually I do low carb( no bread rice potato) to lose weight. But I lays fall off that bandwagon HARD. So I am trying to do it smart this time.
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    What is pump purging. Last baby i gained weight eating extra cals for breast feeding. No I don't have an history of eating disorders. Usually I do low carb( no bread rice potato) to lose weight. But I lays fall off that bandwagon HARD. So I am trying to do it smart this time.

I am wondering the same thing...I assumed when you said you were pumping breast milk you were putting it in a bottle and feeding the baby or allowing another member of the family to do it...
  • Stephiestephs
    Options

I am wondering the same thing...I assumed when you said you were pumping breast milk you were putting it in a bottle and feeding the baby or allowing another member of the family to do it...

I prefer pumping because it hurts less, it does less damage to my nipples. Instead of crying and torturing myself and my baby trying to get a 'perfect' latch I pump. i also like knowing exactly how much he's eating. its a personal preference and has nothing to do with my diet.
  • Stephiestephs
    Options

When I am logging I always look for the USDA counts first...or non * marked. Those do have all sorts of measurments from cup to grams etc. Choose the one you want and enter your serving.

If there isn't one I choose a non "generic" and non "homemade" one...check the confirmations and if it is over 25-50 I use that one.

If I can't find one I think it good I google it...edit an existing entry which then goes into the tab of "my foods"

thank you!
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    If you log accuratly and do some excercise, the weight will come off. I stalled for 3 months last summer! Just keep doing what you KNOW is right and it will come off. Good luck to ya! :flowerforyou:
  • Stephiestephs
    Options
    thanks! i will keep trying
  • Stephiestephs
    Options
    I just looked for USDA chicken breast and they all have an *
  • Stephiestephs
    Options
    If you log accuratly and do some excercise, the weight will come off. I stalled for 3 months last summer! Just keep doing what you KNOW is right and it will come off. Good luck to ya! :flowerforyou:

Why do you think you stalled
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I use this database to check the accuracy of the foods I enter from MFP. I totally don't trust any data anyone else puts in. And since I eat similar things week after week, I will usually copy things over from last week to make up the foods for THIS week.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/

The USDA entries are *usually* nice since they have the gram (g) measurements, typically. Like it'll give one of the serving size as 100g. So if you have 90 g of raw chicken, you enter in .9 servings of the 100g serving of USDA raw chicken. Does that make sense?
  • Stephiestephs
    Options
    thank you i will look at that website
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You can just look for the MFP entries... they don't have a '*' on the front. You can find cooked rice, cooked chicken breast etc. It's what I've been using.

I'd add though, 3 week stalls can happen, depending on your hormones, if you got your period back yet etc. I skipped a period once and didn't lose any weight for 6 weeks, then I lost 6 lbs in 4 days or something ridiculous.
  • Stephiestephs
    Options
    Every entry for grilled chicken has an * in front this is so annoying. Then I looked up roasted chicken breast the entry with no * is grams and I measured in oz. I can't this is so annoying
  • alt1268
    alt1268 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Everyone focused in on ur diary which may be a part if the problem. But you said you started cardio. When you start a new exercise you know it takes time for your body to adjust before it lets go of the water and fat. Your building muscle. Have you done measurements?