So, how many people....

Options
ate a big Thanksgiving meal and were still under their calorie goals yesterday?

I know it can be done because I did it. I just want to see if anyone else did! LOL

Replies

• maurap26
    maurap26 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    for my Canadian Thanksgiving last month I gained 1lb.
    I ate a very sm. piece of pumpkin pie & no seconds but I did have stuffing & mashed potatoes

I thought I did ok, since I had started this 2 wks before Thanksgiving
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Not even close. I enjoyed myself eatting, worked out yesterday and am about to work out today. Have a Happy Friday!
  • melliebee
    melliebee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You have 2600 calories as your daily goal! Of course you didn't go over!!! lol
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was abot 500 under. I went light for breafast with just a Choc Shakology and Bananna, Lunch leftover chicken and veggies, no snacks yesterday and then had a nice dinner with a little bit of everything, including a pie sliver!
  • MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I didn't track my calories yesterday. I'm sure I went over, but it was my off day. You need to let loose every once in awhile. but I really stepped up the exercise this morning.
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

LOL

See, I knew there was a benefit to all that heavy weight training for years. You know, besides a decrease in osteoporosis risk, better metabolism, more energy, and the strength to pick up my dryer to rescue kittens from behind it. I get to eat pie at Thanksgiving! :laugh:
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    wasnt under but only went over by 37 so im good with that
  • chacaruso
    chacaruso Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Was under by 10 calories.
  • ryanmelissa09
    Options
    I was under my calorie goal however I stepped on my scale this morning and gained 1.5 lbs. Must have been those sweet potatoes weighing me down and all the water I drank. Definitely going to have to work harder to get that off. I was doing so well.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options

Ha ha, ain't that the truth!
  • kdeaner
    kdeaner Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I went way over by 1292 cals.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Mine wasn't huge. Just a nice plateful of everything I made! I was under my calorie goal. :) I also exercised for an hour and a half yesterday.
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    I went over. I knew I would, and I was okay with that! I did hit my goal, so I am proud :-) My plan was to enjoy my day WITHOUT the stress of what I was and wasn't eating, and to not stuff myself. I may have gone over my calories but I stayed under yours! And I ate pie, and I didn't feel like hell afterward :bigsmile:
  • jessemerson86
    jessemerson86 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I had everything I wanted and was WAY under 1200 for the day. Ended up having to have a late night snack in order to meet the 1200 calorie mark.
  • kioga86
    kioga86 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I had everything I wanted and was WAY under 1200 for the day. Ended up having to have a late night snack in order to meet the 1200 calorie mark.

I wasn't WAY under 1200 toward the end of the day, but I was enough under 1200 that I had to have a turkey wrap and a small snack. Skipping the pie at the big meal was TOTALLY worth it.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I burned over 1,300 calories yesterday morning from my workout. So, I was under my calorie goal. The scale is higher this morning. It has to be sodium of course. Those yams, stuffing, turkey, oh my....

I burned 750 this morning, so the scale will act right soon enough.
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I really had no way to even begin to estimate what I ate yesterday as I was at someone else's house and they had things prepared in ways completely unfamiliar to me. I ate little else during the day and exercised more. I didn't eat so much that I ever felt uncomfortably full or even really full. I could have eaten a ton more, but didn't.

I just logged the whole meal at 800 calories and worked out enough so that I had enough extra calories to make it come under my goal. Don't know if that was really accurate, but heck, you have to live your life and not always be quite so structured. I have been really good for 5 months. This was the first day in the 3 months since I joined here that I didn't track and log everything.

I don't think my goals will suffer :smile:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I was 3000 calories over! spit.gif
  • WrenLynn
    WrenLynn Posts: 213
    Options
    I logged as best as I could since we ate at the in-laws. I also exercised for 75 minutes before we went. I believe I was just under on my calories but without knowing exactly how something was made I could be off. I enjoyed every minute of the day! To me that is a successful Thanksgiving.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I over estimated the amount I ate just in case.... but I did come in under the goal for the day. I enjoyed my dinner, with a glass of wine, and the cream pie later! A bit bloated today but water will flush that out.