Brand new and seeking mentor/ MOTIVATED BUDDY

Options
Hey everyone!!

I received the wake up call for better health today. It was a kick in the face for real. I am a 24 year old single mom of one. I don't have a gym membership So if you know home workouts/ or plan to be doing the same let me know. I am looking for someone to keep me motivated as well as hold me accountable. I am 5'71/2 and 230. My goal weigh is 170 and a size 10/12. I feel having a mentor or a buddy can be a great help! I appreciate you all for reading this! Best of luck in your journey!!

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You should look at some of the groups- Insanity and 30 day shred seem to be some of the really popular at home workouts and they have groups of people who are doing them who want to support each other.
  • _Brittany_Rose
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just created a fitness page today on Instagram.
    Here is my Mission statement:
    I wanted to create an account where anyone of any shape and any size can come to this page for motivational quotes and pictures, healthy snacks and recipes, fitness challenges and transformation pictures all with the support and help of one another!
    This page was made for everyone, I want to hear what you want to see! So follow me for some support from others! _Made2bFit_
  • ccshopsalot
    Options
    Hey there - First congrats on committing to make a change for you! When you have kids, convenience is key or you won't be consistent. I LOVE T25, there's never a reason NOT to do it and he makes it easy for everyone. I'd love to be your mentor, feel free to request me on here. I've been involved in fitness since I was 15 years old, i've also had my ups and downs with weight so i've been on both sides (fit and not so fit) :)..

Get your mind in line and your body will follow, that's how it's always worked for me! :bigsmile:
  • shoppingdiva2011
    shoppingdiva2011 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me to your friends. Congrats on this journey. I like Zumba Wii, Jillian Michaels, Denise Austin and Leslie Sansone. I like the ellipitical, arc trainer at the gym and the treadmill. Good luck:smile:
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I feel having a mentor or a buddy can be a great help!

Go here, and you can find your very own mentor. This is an awesome program, you should make use of it.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1161976-adopt-a-noob-official-mfp-thread