Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Italian eating

Headed to an Italian restaurant today. I would like a little help with what I can order that will be the healthiest. Here's the menu - http://www.oldvenice.com/sites/default/files/local-menus/web-printable-menu-black-and-white.pdf

Thanks!

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    You didn't specify how many calories, but going only by the descriptions, I'd probably order the shirmp, crab & avocado salad, followed by either the Mona Lisa pizza or the spaghetti and meatballs, which seems to be the only pasta that doesn't have a cream sauce.

Actually I'd order the Rasta Pasta because that sounds amazing, though not very "diet friendly".
  • kickivale
    kickivale Posts: 260 Member
    What I would personally do here is get a garden salad with a protein or the Pasta Maria. The tradeoff would be things like choosing something WITHOUT cream sauce, passing on the breads, getting some veggies and lower fat cheeses in there.
    Italian is tough, last place I went to I was so excited about, I saved 1200 net cals for the meal LOL. It was totally worth it!
  • sunshinesusie71
    sunshinesusie71 Posts: 13 Member
    I'm eating especially light today in case I happen to splurge! :) The Pasta Maria might work for me. Thanks!
  • sunshinesusie71
    I'm hoping to stay under 1400 calories for my day.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Hmmm why does their carbonara have "alfredo cream sauce", Italian?
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Best kind of eating there is.

Get what you want and enjoy the night. :drinker:
  • kickivale
    Whenever I eat pasta out of the house I leave at least half the plate uneaten and bring it home for my husband to have the next day :) THEY GIVE YOU SO MUCH FOOD!
  • kickivale

It's def a 'creative' Italian menu.

If anyone wants to drool this morning, look at the menu of my fav new classic Italian in NYC.

http://carbonenewyork.com/menus.php

It's stupid delicious.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    I'd go with the blackened salmon with roasted veggies. Although, I'm a sucker for eggplant parmesan. ha!
  • sunshinesusie71
    I love salmon, so that might be a good option for me!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member

Americanski Italiano.
  • sunshinesusie71
    I went with the shrimp, crab and avocado salad. It was very tasty!