simply Nature Chicken breakfast sausage review

Options
I just tried this Simply Nature Country Style Chicken Breakfast Sausage with Sage and Tyme. It was delicious. It was purchased at Aldi's and I will but it again. It has 70% less fat and 40% less sodium then your usual pork breakfast sausage. NI is 50 calories per sausage Total fat 2.5 Cholesterol 25mg Sodium 170mg Total Carb 1g Dietary fiber 0g Sugars 1g and Protein 6g

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I saw those and tried them and they are pretty good. I don't usually like non pork products posing as pork products, but these tasted delightful.
  • newladykb2016
    newladykb2016 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of chicken sausage . We have a butchers market here that grounds chicken breast. You can buy it in sausage or just ground chicken, I love that sausage you talking about. They have so many different flavors out now. You can do stir fry's or use pasta and make up your on cheap and delicious recipes.
  • newladykb2016
    newladykb2016 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of chicken sausage . We have a butchers market here that grounds chicken breast. You can buy it in sausage or just ground chicken, I love that sausage you talking about. They have so many different flavors out now. You can do stir fry's or use pasta and make up your on cheap and delicious recipes.
  • laceynelson921
    Options
    I just tried these this morning. Oh my gosh they were so good. This will be my breakfast sausage from now on!
  • gbpacker001
    gbpacker001 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just went to my Aldi yesterday and could not find these anymore. I wonder if they were a limited time item. I am going to try a different Aldi today and see if they have them. I hope they continue to stock them they are so good. If I find them I am going to try the suggestion of a stir fry that sounds wonderful. Thanks all for responding!:love:
  • baileysmom4
    baileysmom4 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried making your own? I like a hot italian turkey sausage but have a hard time finding it so I googled recipes for it and found I can make them with less sodium and fat and other preservatives or whatever they put in there that I can't pronounce! And they come out delicious!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I just went to my Aldi yesterday and could not find these anymore. I wonder if they were a limited time item. I am going to try a different Aldi today and see if they have them. I hope they continue to stock them they are so good. If I find them I am going to try the suggestion of a stir fry that sounds wonderful. Thanks all for responding!:love:

They were a seasonal item in my Aldi's. I don't see them anymore.