731 days

Options
2 years of logging. Every single day, I've been here. 6 years ago I hit my highest weight, 245 pounds. I didn't see myself as being that big, until I got my wedding pictures back. I broke down and cried over how big I was. Feeling tired and run down all the time, I was determined to make a change.

2ced7baa0eedc1180c7ef1bb3c05cbca1408569.jpg

Just by cutting down on portions a bit, and choosing to be a bit more active (doing some exercise videos at home), by July of 2009, I had dropped 52 pounds, down to 193. I became pregnant with my eldest daughter, and kept weight gain well within recommended limits, up until PIH had me piling on the water weight in the last few weeks. After delivering, I very quickly dropped down to 211-214, but I was stuck there.

DSC00162.jpg

In January of 2011, I conceived my youngest daughter. I stayed as active as I could, and kept weight gain down to 16 pounds. Within 6 weeks of delivery, I was down to that same range, 211-214. At my 6 week follow up appointment, I got clearance to workout, and that very day joined the gym. I decided to work with a trainer, not because I needed the help, but I needed the accountability.

Despite working out, 5 days a week, keeping my calories between 1700-1800 (wasn't tracking here but on paper), I stayed in that same range until my friend Mara (:heart: you lady!) told me about this website. I decided to give it a go, and when I saw how many calories I was being told to eat everyday to account for nursing, never mind exercise, I didn't believe this would actually work.

deda02c97fd2ea6410f203d0efe4d21e1408569.jpg

I decided to have faith and trust it for a few weeks. After all, doing things my way hadn't been working very well, had it? Within the first week, I lost weight, and it kept just dropping off, on average a pound every 4 days while I was actively trying to lose weight. By October of 2012, I had reached a healthy weight, having achieved a healthy body fat percentage a while before that.

2aa56d8fc2fba68528384143d7ae8c711408569.jpg

By July, I hit my low weight, 150 pounds. I was very happy with the way my body looked, but I knew it could be even better.

7bf865c8e301db21ec111af1eb2832871408569.jpg

I started bulking, and after a while of finding out exactly how many calories I needed to eat in order to put on mass, had a very successful bulk. A shoulder injury in December put my cut on hold - I wasn't willing to risk losing the lean mass I had just worked so very hard to build by cutting while being unable to work out!

My cut is back on track, and looking forward to a new year full of more hard work, more fun with barbells, and lots more yummy food!

d2b8a6fe37339c265c277ed40ddf4e9e1408569.jpg
d755063a27d37365e7b1b6eb63a949841408569.jpg

TL/DR - Lift the weights, eat the food, look hot!

Edit - forgot the pic that says it all -
d0e3f62d151022c8be23aace5706ef0d1408569.jpg

Replies

• wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    You look FANTASTIC! way to go!:drinker:
  • qhiggins86
    qhiggins86 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Love your journey so far! I'm currently pregnant with my first child, and it's weird trying to maintain or gain when all I've ever done my whole life was one failed diet after the next. Your story gives me hope that I can lose the baby weight. I'm a fan of lifting weights myself!!! Congrats on how far you've made it :flowerforyou:
  • Oloplat
    Options
    Great results!
  • vanryswicksl
    vanryswicksl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You look great! Thanks for the reminder that getting down to where we want to be will take time and not to expect miracles overnight.:smile:
  • liftingcoach
    liftingcoach Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    What a great story! Your dedication and success is nothing short of awesome. You are truly a wonderful person, and a great inspiration to a lot of us. You are on my FL, so I see your work ethic daily, but this is a true indicator to those other people of what will power, and energy you have put into your transformation. I am truly proud to be your MFP buddy, and thank you for the inspiration you provide! Congratulations, You deserve every accolade for your success!
  • italian_bella_xo
    Options
    What a great story! Your dedication and success is nothing short of awesome. You are truly a wonderful person, and a great inspiration to a lot of us. You are on my FL, so I see your work ethic daily, but this is a true indicator to those other people of what will power, and energy you have put into your transformation. I am truly proud to be your MFP buddy, and thank you for the inspiration you provide! Congratulations, You deserve every accolade for your success!

Everything he said is true! You are an inspiration!! :) Keep up the great work. Glad to have you on my FL as well.
  • cortezpj
    cortezpj Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Great story...thanks for sharing.
  • laurelthistle
    laurelthistle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look awesome! Great job!
  • getfitfrancine
    Options
    You should renew your vows and get that dress taken in. You deserve to have the pics you want. :) Congrats!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Outstanding accomplishment !
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    You should renew your vows and get that dress taken in. You deserve to have the pics you want. :) Congrats!

^^ This! And, you look amazing. I love the TL;DR cliff notes, BTW.
  • Byemyfatself
    Byemyfatself Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! Job well done!! :flowerforyou:
  • Momto4minions
    Momto4minions Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You look healthy and happy! Good work! May definitely be time for a vow renewal and new pictures!
    Very proud of your dedication.
  • natesangel
    natesangel Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT! love you too hun! so proud of how far you've come physically and mentally, it's not an easy journey and it's been a pleasure riding it out with you so far! cheers to many more successes, NSV's and great pics!! thanks for keeping me motivated too!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Aww, thanks guys! There will be no vow renewal, as I'm separated from my husband with ZERO chance for reconciliation.
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Im proud of you my love! Keep pushing your getting where you want to be! Sorry for you and your ex husband but life is good no matter what! Stay positive and stay sexy! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • jos05
    jos05 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!! Way to keep with it!!

I think a lot more people need to have this kind of dedication!! Congrats!!! :flowerforyou:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing transformation!! Much love and hugs!
  • LishLash79
    LishLash79 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    you are awesome

I LOVE LOVE LOVE you girl.. inspirational ;)
  • SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    A-MA-ZING!!!! Way to go girl!!!!!! You give hope and inspiration to others. Congrats on your success. ANd omg... that baby!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!