Thanksgiving Gainers Anonymous -or- Food Baby Anonymous

Options
:blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

I totally gained FIVE pounds from Thanksgiving. I'm not going to freak out - I'm going to go back to doing what I was doing everyday.
I'm happy to see that so many of my fellow MPFers did well and avoided my fate (EXCELLENT JOB EVERYONE! :flowerforyou: ), but I'm posting this so that any others that gained wouldn't feel bad. You're not the only one!

We ate what we ate, now let's move on. Water, activity, back to less buttery and less salty and less sugary foods for me!

Let's keep going!

Replies

• niki1027
    Options
    Well said!! Cant change it, so lets do better today!!:happy:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    5 pounds of water retention, too! Not worried about it. Just guzzle tons of agua, and stay active today :)
  • Ashykins
    Ashykins Posts: 233
    Options
    I feel lots better b/c I enjoyed everyone and the food! I exercised some of it off yesterday, now it's time to get back on track with some Turbo Jam. :)
  • harls
    harls Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that gained! Let's get back to business :)
  • FelipaJ
    Options
    3.9, but I know it's not an 'actual' weight gain, so I'm ok with it. My plan was moderation and enjoy myself...I think I did both.
  • scannest
    Options
    Why on earth would you weigh yourself the day after Thanksgiving?! I weigh myself once a week (every Thursday morning as luck would have it have it). So when I'm down a half pound next Thursday I don't need to know that it's a results of gaining 3 on Turkey day and then losing 3.5 the remainder of the week.
    In general, I think weighing yourself once a week is a great way of not getting discouraged. We all have those days where we bust our *kitten* and hop on the scale the next morning to see little or no change. But over the course of a whole week you will see results as long as you don't too far off course. Just my two cents.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    2lbs gained, On a more positive not I spent an amazing day with family, got some amazing pics of my daughter and grand daughter and spent the evening watching movies with the man I love. Gained some wonderful memories and yes it was ok to gain the two pounds, those I will lose, but the memories will remain with me forever!
  • tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Why on earth would you weigh yourself the day after Thanksgiving?! I weigh myself once a week (every Thursday morning as luck would have it have it). So when I'm down a half pound next Thursday I don't need to know that it's a results of gaining 3 on Turkey day and then losing 3.5 the remainder of the week.
    In general, I think weighing yourself once a week is a great way of not getting discouraged. We all have those days where we bust our *kitten* and hop on the scale the next morning to see little or no change. But over the course of a whole week you will see results as long as you don't too far off course. Just my two cents.

I agree. I only weight once a week so on special days I don't get discouraged. Most big gains overnight are typically just extra water weight. But I like the once a week. I weigh in on Thursday mornings and just deal with it then.
  • Fruit4dessert
    Fruit4dessert Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    No worries, I didn't weigh myself this morning but I know from the amount of calories and salt I ate yesterday that there's a food baby inside of me! Thank goodness every day isn't Thanksgiving!
  • cowpoke06
    Options
    I refuse to weight myself and I'm not even bothering to log any calories whatsover, lol. All it's going to do is depress me! I actually did really well on Thanksgiving as compared to Thanksgivings. I didn't have any seconds of anything-not even pie. I usually eat until I'm so full I want to throw up but this time, I had my one plate of food and my one piece of pie and then I was good to go.
  • cowpoke06
    Options
    Actually, I have second Thanksgiving at my boyfriend's house today...uggghhh.
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    HOW did I miss this post until now? I gained 2 lbs this week, and why on earth I weighed in is because my weigh day is Friday am....But I did enjoy myself and had pie, baked brie, and green bean casserole. Gosh I just love that stuff. So again today I did the elliptical and am back to my counting calories. But I am a little depressed as I have done a good job at logging my foods and exercises this week and it was a blow to have gained the weight. Now I am back to being focused and am debating weighing in again in 3 weeks with my next measurements instead of every week. My best friend has a salt intake and muscle gained theory in my case, and I love her but I am skeptical so for now I am doubly committed.