Calories

Options
I need the low down. My fitness pal states that I need to keep my calories at 1200. I really don't think that is alot, I mean it isn't. I feel like I can barely eat anything. I don't keep a record on here consistently but I do on a different one. I am currently doing Insanity and on the last week of the first month.. I weight 184 pounds. What really should be my calorie intake?

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    More info is needed. Age, height, weight. How many pounds do you have left to lose.

If you set MFP to 2 pounds a week, that is probably too much. Set it to 1 pound and see if that gives you more calories. Also, remember that MFP calculations DO NOT include exercise, so you eat the amount it says PLUS you eat more for exercise.
  • tehmotionless
    Options
    your daily activity (job, for example) also affects what your intake should be
  • Skmellyg
    Skmellyg Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 weight (again) 184, I am 31 years of age. I sit at a desk ALL DAY LONG..well for 8 hours.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I used this calculator:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

I put in "moderate activity" because you are doing Insanity, even though you sit at a desk.

BMR 1604 (this is the amount they would feed you if you were in a coma)
    Maintenance 2407 (Also known as TDEE - you would not gain or lose at that amount)
    20% deficit 1989

I was going to say prior to running the numbers that you should probably be up at around 1800 doing Insanity.

Even if you were not exercising, 1200 is too low.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I used this calculator:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

I put in "moderate activity" because you are doing Insanity, even though you sit at a desk.

BMR 1604 (this is the amount they would feed you if you were in a coma)
    Maintenance 2407 (Also known as TDEE - you would not gain or lose at that amount)
    20% deficit 1989

I was going to say prior to running the numbers that you should probably be up at around 1800 doing Insanity.

Even if you were not exercising, 1200 is too low.

This!^

1200 calories is a product of "I want to lose XX pounds per week"........it's math.......NOT a statement on healthy weight loss (for your height, weight, etc).