Hello...to all fellow calorie counters :)

Loving2014
Loving2014 Posts: 99
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I am new to this site. Hoping to make some friends my age, maybe make a buddy or two for encouragement and to encourage.:wink:

Replies

• I am new to this site. Hoping to make some friends my age, maybe make a buddy or two for encouragement and to encourage.:wink:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    I am new to this site. Hoping to make some friends my age, maybe make a buddy or two for encouragement and to encourage.:wink:

Hi Robinia, and welcome to THE best site on the web!
    I hear you with the trying Weight Watchers and other things too! Gosh knows I've had MY share of trying "everything else", including hypnosis, TWICE! :laugh: NOTHING worked though compared to MFP! :love:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • Welcome welcome~ you will find this site very helpful and encouraging........there are alot of newbies including myself lots of tips, recipes...etc....Good luck on youre journey~
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so motivational, helpful, supportive, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP!:flowerforyou:
  • Welcome!
  • Welcome:flowerforyou: Good luck on your journey:drinker: :drinker:
  • Loving2014
    Hi Bren !

thanks so much for your encouragement and advise. I did sign up and kinda flaked out, blamed it on being a little confused. But back and ready to dig in!
    How is your journey going?
  • Loving2014
    Hello,
    Thanks for your welcome...I love your quote "I can do all through God who strengthens me" Amen!
    I just forget to ask him sometimes.....you know trying to do it all on your own.
    How is your journey going these days.
    And thanks to all for your welcomes....I am starting today.
  • Day after Thanksgiving and I so need to be here. Hoping and praying to God that I can stick to this through the rest of the holidays before I gain even more weight! My husband says this is a bad time to start back up here. Maybe, but I want to try to set some limits before I over indulge.:drinker:
  • Hello everybody,started my diet and exercise routine 3 weeks ago.
    Bill
This discussion has been closed.