Women 40 & over.. Lifting with before & after pics

Options
Need motivation can I please see some pics..Thanks :)

Replies

• loriemn
    loriemn Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    in to see also
  • cajunbandmom
    cajunbandmom Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    YES to this... I am just starting with lifting!
  • stephcalcott
    stephcalcott Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Yes - I would love to see as well! I started lifting last year but was sidelined with an injury about 2 months into it. Getting started back up now and could use some motivation!
  • rebornat45
    rebornat45 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I would love to see this as well. I am 45.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

yes she is amazing.

Here is what squatting Heavy did for my 40 year old *kitten*....

b4ea3a0b-3ab6-4365-a198-c82b61b9a308_zps992f416c.jpg

and here is my befores and durings

337cf4fe-0b1f-4ec4-a6ec-d2e551f7d567_zpse8037836.jpg

Top left pic is me @ 39...205...my wakeup call
    Bottom left pic is me @ 40...175 and a size 10 doing circuit training for 1month
    LBD is me @41...162 and a size small knit dress...I am in a size 7 and have lost 8% BF since June...
  • FitLifeDiva
    FitLifeDiva Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    How do you all come up with a circuit training routine? Also, how long do you follow it?
  • sunshinenjjr
    sunshinenjjr Posts: 137 Member
    Options

yes she is amazing.

Bottom left pic is me @ 40...175 and a size 10 doing circuit training for 1month
    LBD is me @41...162 and a size small knit dress...I am in a size 7 and have lost 8% BF since June...

Awesome difference in your glutes. I started lifting 2 months ago and have seen a difference already in my 43 year old *kitten*.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch of afters in my profile. I don't really have any before pics that I post. But I lift heavy, and it has transformed me.
  • INxFOCUSx2013
    INxFOCUSx2013 Posts: 107 Member
    Options

yes she is amazing.

@ Sezxystef nice work, great glutes thanks for posting :smile: please tell us your workout routine
    @Beachginger nice abs :smile:

Sarah looks great.... I could not see CaliforniaGirls pics

CONGRATULATIONS to CAJUNBANDMOM..Amazing 201 pounds lost :flowerforyou:
  • Cheekies_
    Cheekies_ Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch of afters in my profile. I don't really have any before pics that I post. But I lift heavy, and it has transformed me.

You're my inspiration! Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • 93nan
    93nan Posts: 130
    Options

You're my inspiration! Thanks! :flowerforyou:

• INxFOCUSx2013
    Options
    Anymore Ladies 40 and over Lifting :huh:
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and started lifting 8 weeks ago, you can see my current pictures in my profile. It has done amazing things for my belly and my glutes.
  • INxFOCUSx2013
    Options
    I'm 43 and started lifting 8 weeks ago, you can see my current pictures in my profile. It has done amazing things for my belly and my glutes.

8 weeks!:noway: AWESOME JOB! can you share your workout routine with us PLEASE :bigsmile:
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options

8 weeks!:noway: AWESOME JOB! can you share your workout routine with us PLEASE :bigsmile:

All I've been doing is Stronglifts 3x a week. It's very simple but extremely effective. I've had a huge loss of inches, especially in my belly. I've gone from 30.5" to 27". Can not recommend it enough. I'm waiting until I get to Week 12 to post full before and afters. However you can get an idea from the pics I did post how compact lifting is making my body.
  • KindredMaximus
    KindredMaximus Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi I've been lurking for a while and am interested in lifting and/or exercising (I used to exercise a lot but over the last two years life got in the way and I put on 12 kgs) - thought I'd start off slow and have been jogging on treadmill - did jillian michaels 30 day shred involving a lot of squats and lunges and for the next two days at least can barely walk up the stairs or lower myself to pee!! It put me off because that's two days without any exercising and barely being able to move! My question would be :- Has anyone else experiences this? How did they stop it? Do I need to go much much slower? This soreness has put me of taxing my muscles and makes me think that I might have to stick to Cardio if I need two days of barely moving after a few squats!! I'm 43 & female. :)

Any help would be appreciated!
  • KindredMaximus
    KindredMaximus Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    ^^^^sorry, posted in wrong spot :) I reposted under fitness and exercise!
  • 2bmeagain12
    2bmeagain12 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I do 5x5 Stronglifts too (Madcow version). I love the simplicity of it, the impact and that it's all compound lifts, so I can get through it quickly, yet effectively. You can see one of my progress photos, after just 9 weeks in my profile pics.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!