Dinners with no carbs

eleanoreb
eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
edited September 22 in Recipes
Hi There,
I am supposed to eat no carb dinners 5 nights a week. I have tried salmon, chicken..but i am running out of ideas for filling meals. If anyone has recommendations of good, filling, no carb meals that would be great!
thanks

Replies

• Salmon or any other kind of fish, chicken, eggs, a few ounces of cold cuts or tuna on top of a salad, shellfish, sushi, burgers...
    I find any kind of protein with a side salad is pretty filling.
  • sara_xo
    sara_xo Posts: 195 Member
    throw in a protein shake. Broccoli and spinach are great because the carbs that they have are fiberous. So your net carbs still come out pretty much nothing. :)

I LOVE chicken! And extra lean ground beef.

Why the no carb dinner?
  • Rjperron
    Rjperron Posts: 150
    Try spaghetti squash! I have it with turkey meatballs and marinara...yum!
  • sara_xo
    sara_xo Posts: 195 Member
    Try spaghetti squash! I have it with turkey meatballs and marinara...yum!

wouldn't the spagetti have carbs.. and so does marinara sauce.. lots actually cause of the sugar.
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    I always double up on the veggies with a 6 oz of a protien (chicken, fish, lean steak) changing the veggies, changes the meal
  • I think spaghetti squash is a vegetable . . .not actually spaghetti . . .
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Why no carbs? Are you refering to veggies and fruit as well or just breads and things
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    I actually only have brown rice or whole wheat couscous twice per week with my dinner. Every other night we have our lean protein and LOTS of steamed veggies or a big salad so our only "carbs" are from the veggies.
    I tend to try to eat the majority of my carbs during the day and leave them out of my dinners.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    I always double up on the veggies with a 6 oz of a protien (chicken, fish, lean steak) changing the veggies, changes the meal

If that profile pic is you . . . keep doing whatever you are doing because it SURE is working!
  • Spaghetti squash is not pasta, it's a squash that comes apart with a fork and looks like spaghetti. Half a cup has 5 carbs. You're probably better of making your own marinara sauce (if you're feeling ambitious!) as most of the prepared ones do have sugar in them.
  • murf19

If that profile pic is you . . . keep doing whatever you are doing because it SURE is working!
    Thanks. and yes thats me. I just turned 46 last week. I look and feel better then I ever did!
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Thanks! Any favorite recipes? How do you make the broccoli shake? Just something my nutritionist recommended..can intake vegetable carbs but no bread, pasta rice. I think the mroe carbs you eat at night they will turn into fats as you are less likely to burn them off
  • murf19
    You are correct. Just cutting the man made carbs at dinner time will do wonders. Anything your body doesn't recognise is stored as fat including all agricultural products. Insulin can only do so much.
This discussion has been closed.