I have never tried kale and i don't like quinoa

Options
2»

Replies

• Rak0ribz
    Rak0ribz Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I oven bake my kale with sea salt.

It gets the texture of a thin potato chip.
    QFT. Kale's really crinkly, so it gets all crunchy if you bake it this way. My kids - 4 and 1.5 years old - both love it.
  • nightflightdan
    Options
    I thought people thought I was pronouncing it wrong "quin - No - ah" I'm going to carry on with my pronunciation though, sticking it to the man, YEAH! .... yeah

You mean to say it's not pronounced like that ?
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Haven't eaten kale - ever. Not in a hurry to run out at try it. Quinoa - only had it for the first time last week. I liked it actually, but there was also garlic involved, and i lurve garlic.

No need to eat either one, if you don't want to.
  • Illini_Jim
    Illini_Jim Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    "I Have Never Tried Kale and I Don't Like Quinoa"

This was the title of my 5th album.....
  • daweez04
    daweez04 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    If you are going to eat Kale raw, try to buy red kale varieties. They aren't nearly as harsh of a flavor, and really easy to cover up.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I oven bake my kale with sea salt.

It gets the texture of a thin potato chip.

not even remotely close.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I love kale and quinoa but I intensely dislike okra and liver except my late mother-in-law's chopped liver-but I still think I'm a pretty nice person.
  • JohnMatrix
    Options
    Cup of kale, cup of spinach with green peppers, sea salt and half a tablespoon of flax. Five to six days a week. Was never a fan, but knowing how good for you it is, tough to go wrong. Actually look forward to it each day.
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I was never a huge fan of it cooked (Prefer Spinach) and not a Collard Greens fan at all, but this recipe really kicked it in for kale for my wife and I . We probably eat this 4-5 times a week (We make the sprout and kale part of the recipe and store it in a bag in the fridge. takes a couple of minutes to whip up a salad to go with lunch or dinner) http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/kale-and-brussels-sprout-salad
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    So, there is such a thing as too much kale, especially if you're on anticoagulants... (from WebMD)

Eating a diet rich in the powerful antioxidant vitamin K can reduce the overall risk of developing or dying from cancer, according to a study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. Vitamin K is abundant in kale but also found in parsley, spinach, collard greens, and animal products such as cheese.

Vitamin K is necessary for a wide variety of bodily functions, including normal blood clotting, antioxidant activity, and bone health.

But too much vitamin K can pose problems for some people. Anyone taking anticoagulants such as warfarin should avoid kale because the high level of vitamin K may interfere with the drugs. Consult your doctor before adding kale to your diet.

Kale might be a powerhouse of nutrients but is also contains oxalates, naturally occurring substances that can interfere with the absorption of calcium. Avoid eating calcium-rich foods like dairy at the same time as kale to prevent any problems.
  • meghan981
    Options
    Not everyone is going to like every vegetable or health food in the world. There are plenty of amazing and delicious good for you foods out there! I happen to love kale and quinoa, but I detest, say, okra. Unless it's in Indian food.

This is probably my all-time favorite quinoa recipe. Because tacos. http://www.cookingclassy.com/2013/04/quinoa-black-bean-and-corn-tacos/

I make this kale, quinoa, and edamame salad a lot in the summer: http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2012/09/kale-edamame-and-quinoa-salad-with-lemon-vinaigrette/

I also like quinoa with mushrooms, kale, and sweet potato. I made this once without the mushrooms and it was bland and definitely missing something. Mushrooms rule my world.

But if kale and/or quinoa aren't your thing, then don't force it to be!