Plateaud?

Hi everyone, in a month and a half I lost 9 lbs and for two weeks now there is no weight loss on the scale. (It kinda upped a pound last week and now I'm back to 9 lbs, but I'd like to think it as a water retainment issue). I did loose some good inches on these weeks, but nothing on the belly, which makes me think that I'm doing something wrong or maybe my body adjusted to this new set-up and doesn't loose as many fats as it was before. The weirdest thing is now I work out a lot more than I was doing before.
I'm a bit anxious to go up on my calorie intake (right now I'm around 1200 and sometimes eat some my exercise calories back). What do you think?

Replies

• HungryasFuark
    HungryasFuark Posts: 463 Member
    did u overeat in those 2 weeks ? and how many times do u workout , do u do cardio ?
  • zsehiralti
    zsehiralti Posts: 8 Member
    I overate let's say 3-4 times in 15 days (but still under my TDEE) and I at least do a 30 minute workout with cardio and some strength. I guess the exercise calories are usually about 150-250 a day.
  • HungryasFuark
    HungryasFuark Posts: 463 Member
    I overate let's say 3-4 times in 15 days (but still under my TDEE) and I at least do a 30 minute workout with cardio and some strength. I guess the exercise calories are usually about 150-250 a day.

I think overeating caused this , try to diet for 1 week straight without any overeating ..so u workout everyday and burn 150 - 250 cals ?
  • zsehiralti
    I overate on 2-3 occasions and I try to work out everyday, yeah. Anyway, I'll give it a try :)
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Two weeks isn't a plateau.

What kind of exercise are you doing? How often? You probably need to increase your calorie intake--how tall are you? How old are you? Starting weight? Goal weight? Is that a current picture of you in your profile? If so, you don't look like you have much to lose. You have to expect the scale to slow down. On the flip side, you could be overestimating your burns and overeating. Do you wear a HRM?

I looked at your diary. You aren't even tracking sodium. If it's too high, you will retain water and you'll see that on the scale.

Are you weighing and measuring everything you eat? Drinking enough water?
  • zsehiralti

What kind of exercise are you doing? How often? You probably need to increase your calorie intake--how tall are you? How old are you? Starting weight? Goal weight? Is that a current picture of you in your profile? If so, you don't look like you have much to lose. You have to expect the scale to slow down. On the flip side, you could be overestimating your burns and overeating. Do you wear a HRM?

I looked at your diary. You aren't even tracking sodium. If it's too high, you will retain water and you'll see that on the scale.

Wow, that's a lot of questions :P
    started weight 64 kg (141 lbs), current weight 60 (132). (The pic is from the year before, a 4 lbs lighter version of me)
    I'm tracking sodium, I just don't add additional salt (just add it to the recipes) and it's there at the phone app, but you're right I didn't see it on the website.
    As for the overestimation, as a rule I log the foods I eat in bigger portions to avoid overeating, the same principle goes for the exercise (but a HMR is in my shopping list).
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member

Wow, that's a lot of questions :P
    started weight 64 kg (141 lbs), current weight 60 (132). (The pic is from the year before, a 4 lbs lighter version of me)
    I'm tracking sodium, I just don't add additional salt (just add it to the recipes) and it's there at the phone app, but you're right I didn't see it on the website.
    As for the overestimation, as a rule I log the foods I eat in bigger portions to avoid overeating, the same principle goes for the exercise (but a HMR is in my shopping list).

So you actually have no clue how much you're eating. I'd start with a food scale so you know how much to log.

Rigger
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    I agree that two weeks isn't much of a plateau. I have had two weeks of no loss but often it is followed by a huge loss. I think a lot of it is my monthly cycle. It can be very frustrating - I have had times where I let it really get to me. Just keep at it. If you are hitting your target calories the weight will come off.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    You are in a healthy weight range, so your body is doing what it can to stay there - weight loss should only be .5 lbs a week, and maybe less. You are still averaging more than that for your total time.
  • njay51404
    njay51404 Posts: 10 Member
    When this happens to me, I actually increase my daily calories from 1200 to 1300 and it seems to get my metabolism going again.