I gave up on myself... but,I found myself again

Options
:flowerforyou: I am back and before I've officially committed to potentially embarrassing myself on here starting today on,I have for a few months now,been working on attitude and self-belief. Also,started figuring stuff out with myself..what works for my body chemistry and make-up and what doesn't and I've got my Doctor behind me. I'm averaging 2 lbs a week. Which,according to him is double what a person normally does ,even with effort. Not too much or too fast is key to not have floppy skin or for everything to pounce back onto you. According to him ,if you lose more than that..you're risking ruining your efforts and definitely will have floppy skin left. So...I'm good with 2 lbs a week. So far I've lost 10 lbs since mid December 2013. But,I'm the type of build that it comes of from all over..so,it's slow to notice at first.I also tend to lose inches before pounds. But, I'm on my way. Outside support or not..I'm rooting for me and I'm going to make it. :heart:

Replies

• hillcityjosh
    hillcityjosh Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • momslastdiet
    momslastdiet Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! Sounds like you are on track and doing well!! I'm also working on figuring out what works and what is best for me for the long term. We all have moments, but the fact that we pull our selves up and try again is the key! Congrats on your accomplishment, slow and steady wins the race :)
  • valerielite
    valerielite Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Way to go Mommabear! Slow and steady wins the race. Don't be in too big a hurry and enjoy the journey! There will be stops and starts along the way. Take note and continue on your journey! I too realize that we have to do it for ourselves . Keep up the great work! Valerielite
  • stat1124
    stat1124 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Request Sent. Also if anyone else looking for some active FitWarriors to build up your support group. Swing by the FitFam Friday Free-4-All (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1196811-fitfam-friday-free-4-all) and start adding friends who are ready and willing to offer you motivation, laughs, an attentive ear and support.
  • Mommabear1979
    Options
    thank you everyone. If anyone wants to add me..please do. I'll do my best to be there for you and support your efforts. :smile:
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I'm all about that attitude. Keep you eye on the prize young lady. ROCK ON!!!
  • Mommabear1979
    Options
    I've posted some recent pics. I am now "blonde" LOL I also posted pics of the two most important reasons ever to do this. My two sons. and one has my littlest brother and Momma.
  • Jaminjo2
    Jaminjo2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I hate AND love your title "I gave up on myself...but, I found myself again." I feel the very same way. I'm tired of giving up on myself all of the time. I AM worth so much more! It is time to put ourselves in the spot light so we don't get lost again. I am 53 and weigh 233. I would like to lose 85 lbs. I do not have a time line as long as I continue to work toward my goal.

Richard Simmons said " ..don't ever give up, don't ever quit reaching, you will get there..."
  • crysnorthern
    Options
    I'm rooting for you too! You sound so upbeat and determined. This is my 100th time trying to lose weight. But I have found that having friends helps. I came onto this site to find more encouragement tonight.
  • Vanessa2044
    Options
    Good luck, let's do it together...Hey guys, I would love to be your fit buddy. Please add me! I need support I'm only 4 days new and really need your help.
  • turtledove773
    turtledove773 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    You got THIS! Keep up the great work!
  • SmujnZ
    SmujnZ Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Good job Mommabear! I am recently back here too - I lost a heap of weight about 4 years ago, and kept it off for 2 years, then fell pregnant and succumbed to all my old emotional eating bad habits! YIKES!

Still not as heavy as I was when I first started, but not very far off..... would love to have some supportive friends on the journey again :)

I would like to lose another 30kgs over the next year.