Need to change my eating habits...

Options
Hi there, I'm AylaJayn. I'm a 27 year old woman living in Michigan.

In 2012 I lost 70 pounds. However, over the last year I've stagnated (even gained 10 back). I've attributed this to no longer being able to afford a gym membership, my divorce, and some medical issues that cropped up.

So I kicked the soda, switched to tea for my caffeine needs and have been trying very hard to eat smaller portions.

Unfortunately my doc says my cholesterol is high, as are my liver enzymes. So I need to change my eating habits. Hopefully this site will help.

I have trouble not eating. I love food, and when I've had a hard day or am not feeling well (be it physically or mentally) I turn to food. I'm trying so hard to stop doing that, but I find myself reaching for something to snack on whenever something goes wrong. Usually I feel the need for something sweet or something salty, both of which I should steer clear of as much as I can due to a condition that often results in diabetes and a family history of heart trouble.

It's not helpful that my boyfriend eats fast food almost every day (his preference), which of course is hard on me. He does like for me to cook for him, but he likes so little in the realm of "regular food" that it's only a few times a week, and it's usually things like macaroni and cheese or chicken nuggets...

I've got an uphill battle ahead of me.

Replies

• aylajayn
    aylajayn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'd be super appreciative if anyone in a similar situation wanted to be friends here and support one another?
  • May4235
    Options
    I need to change my eating habits too :)
  • stat1124
    stat1124 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Request sent to ya! I hate when i plateau too. It can be Frustrating. Hopefully we can help ya get over the road block and keep on cruising. Also if anyone else looking for some active FitWarriors to build up your support group. Swing by the FitFam Friday Free-4-All (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1196811-fitfam-friday-free-4-all) and start adding friends who are ready and willing to offer you motivation, laughs, an attentive ear and support.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I LOVE food too -- you can change them! Now I feel like I eat a TON of food - and I do! It's all just better food than what I used to eat. Here for support - and congrats on your weight loss!
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I saw a diabetes fix it and forget it cook book at Barnes and Noble. I'm not diabetic, but I love the slow cooker and my other slow cooker recipe books have recipes that are high sodium and high calorie. It helps when dinner is ready for you when you get home.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    I saw a diabetes fix it and forget it cook book at Barnes and Noble. I'm not diabetic, but I love the slow cooker and my other slow cooker recipe books have recipes that are high sodium and high calorie. It helps when dinner is ready for you when you get home.

the slow cooker is awesome.

it can be tough if your an emotional eater. as long as you can fit it in you could eat those things. it's the over influence that kills it