Veteran Dieter, New to MFP.

Firefly_Rainy
Firefly_Rainy Posts: 5
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Hey, I'm Rainy and I am a 34 y.o. SAHM. Just to give a little background, I have been heavy for most of my adult life, as a result of making consistent bad decisions pertaining to eating and exercise and I am mother of 4 children. After each pregnancy, I've always managed to gain LOTS of weight...After the pregnancies, I would always manage to go from 235 all the way to about 165, but that's where I usually get 'stuck'. I would just accept that, "Hey, I'm at a decent weight, I can live with this". But, I know I can do better than that!I believe 165 may be my genetic 'set-point', because this has happened *every* time. That's in no way an excuse. I believe that if I am more vigilant in monitoring everything that I put into my mouth, and continue to be persistent with exercise, then the rest of this weight will come off. I have recently added a fat burning supplement to my program and am beginning to see slightly better results. I have been between 159-168 for the past 3 months and I am ready to work a little harder, a little smarter in order to reach my long term goal of 125. ...I look forward to coming here for support (to give and to receive)...Wishing you all the best on your individual journeys...

Blessings!

Replies

• Welcome and good luck on your journey.

Claire, 23, Southampton, UK

X
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Welcome and good luck!
    We have similar goals. I'm at 160 right now (finally!) and I want to get to around 130. =)
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Welcome and best of luck on your weight loss journey.
    It's a lot of work but well worth it. I'm a long way from my big goal as well. Just set smaller goals and before you know it, you'll be there :)
  • Hi Rainey and others. Good luck on your weight loss journeys. I am a real struggler when it comes to weight loss but hopefully seeing all you ladies losing will inspire me.
  • Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! :happy:

Keep up the great work!

Victory is OURS :)
  • Welcome and good luck!
    We have similar goals. I'm at 160 right now (finally!) and I want to get to around 130. =)

We're also around the same height. I am 5'4". I'd love to encourage one another :)

I tell you my metabolism has become so sluggish. I hope that my body starts to release more weight soon. I feel 'stuck', but will keep at it :)

You're doing awesome! Keep up the great work!
This discussion has been closed.