5 to 2 Diet

Options
Hi all - I've been doing the 5 to 2 diet for the last 4 weeks, where I Fast and only eat 500 Cal on an Monday and Tuesday then 1800 Cal (or pretty much normal eating and drinking) the rest of the week. So far I've had no I'll effects, can still pretty much eat and drink what I want most of the week and have lost 9 pounds. I've been using myfitnesspal to keep track of the calories and on the fasting days use it to eat small but regular amounts so am never too hungry. I'm going to continue with the plan until I've lost 25 pounds then only fast one day a week to maintain it. So far so good.

Replies

• vicelike
    Options
    so it has been a year....

How did it all work for you?
  • missyme10
    missyme10 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi all - I've been doing the 5 to 2 diet for the last 4 weeks, where I Fast and only eat 500 Cal on an Monday and Tuesday then 1800 Cal (or pretty much normal eating and drinking) the rest of the week. So far I've had no I'll effects, can still pretty much eat and drink what I want most of the week and have lost 9 pounds. I've been using myfitnesspal to keep track of the calories and on the fasting days use it to eat small but regular amounts so am never too hungry. I'm going to continue with the plan until I've lost 25 pounds then only fast one day a week to maintain it. So far so good.

My niece told me about this diet, said it's the latest craze.........
    I thought the rules are the 2 fasting days must not be 2 days on the trot?

From what I've read of fasting, it doesn't do harm to the body as long as it's only very short term.
    If it works for you, good for you. But personally I'd want to chew my arm off with only 500kcal.