Something has to give!

Options
I have been watching what I eat. Only eating between 1200-1500 kcals a day plus have been exercising doing cardio videos ect, ranging from 30-60 minutes mostly every day. Some days I will miss a day but rarely. I have only drank water and some green tea that's it and I haven't lost a pound. I know we get a plateaus and get stuck, but every day I do a different workout video than the day before to change it up a bit. I go to fitnessblender.com and do those videos. Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?

Replies

• nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Can't see your diary so there isn't much I could suggest. But chances are you're not eating enough.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I have been watching what I eat. Only eating between 1200-1500 kcals a day plus have been exercising doing cardio videos ect, ranging from 30-60 minutes mostly every day. Some days I will miss a day but rarely. I have only drank water and some green tea that's it and I haven't lost a pound. I know we get a plateaus and get stuck, but every day I do a different workout video than the day before to change it up a bit. I go to fitnessblender.com and do those videos. Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?

I don't think you're doing anything wrong. Yare almost to your goal! Congratulations!

If you're doing the same thing now that you were doing when you lost those 50 pounds, I would just keep it up and continue on. These last pounds will come off slower, as they should. Just be patient and carry on.
  • jessieboyd12
    jessieboyd12 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I also failed to mention that I have PCOS and was on Metformin and Im not on it anymore (haven't been back to dr) So that may be why. Thanks I will keep up with what I have been doing..
  • focusedfitness123
    focusedfitness123 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Remember too that when you put on muscle you will weigh more, but become skinnier. Don't always take the scale weight as the be all-end all. Do you look and feel better? Are your clothes fitting better?
  • jessieboyd12
    jessieboyd12 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Yes I actually do feel better. Never thought of that thanks. I bet that is what it is.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh all your food? Log everything every single day? Have cheat days?

Open your diary.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    You're probably eating too much. And you are not gaining muscle if you are in a calorie deficit. Weigh and measure everything, no guesstimating.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    My vote? It's the Metformin. I want to go back on that as soon as I can, lol :)
  • nicoleisme
    nicoleisme Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Remember too that when you put on muscle you will weigh more, but become skinnier. Don't always take the scale weight as the be all-end all. Do you look and feel better? Are your clothes fitting better?
    Agreed. And as you get closer to your weight goal it's going to come off a lot slower and the scale is definitely not as important as how you feel. Maybe try paying more attention to your macros? More protein, less fat kind of thing.